Posts by Moniquea

OK, its been two days and still soft, its warm here but I think it may be the fat content?  IDK, I had to mix with some Satin ice  but really would like to make this work - :)
Thank you, I did wait overnight... I added almond bark (candies?) about 1/2 cup.  Even softer than before :(
So I tried before and got a similar result, too soft.  Too expensive to 'try' again so not until I lucked out with a batch of free white chocolate did I try it.   I watched the McGreevy video and the Artisan Cakes video but apparently the chocolate I got had a ton of oil in it and its soft again.  Both video made it with candy melts but I made it according to the white chocolate recipe.  I've added more chocolate per the Artisan troubleshooting post but while I wait was...
Thank you, thank you all -   When I wrote this yesterday - I was having a moment of self-doubt.  Not just of the job but of myself...sometimes you need a smack of reality and a small vote of confidence.  I'm back, so to speak and looking at things through a clearer lens, thanks to all of you.   I am going to practice doing this cake, in different methods.  My original belief is that the organic feel put it more in my skill level.  However to avoid the black bleeding on...
True.  The first was and is a bad person.  The second has so many of the same traits I wonder if he is picky and a bad person - letting his mother pay like that with-out a Thank you, grossed me out.  You had to be there to understand...   I am a professional.  Of that I have no doubt.  Am I perfect? No.  I believe there are different levels of professionalism and that can vary on the client, profession and so on.  Thank you very much for that insight.  I will look into...
I think that came out wrong... what I mean is   1) Is this an opportunity for growth, if so what tips can you offer   or   2) Is this a warning about impending doom - don't do it until you have confidence from tips gained from question 1.   But quit the business and run... not yet ;0)  Dealt with a hotel wedding coordinator who basically told me bottom line - people/business only care about the price.  If I listened to him I would've quit Tuesday.  Men are harder...
Well MimiFix, You picked up on exactly what I am wondering myself - should I even be in business.  My level of detail and extraneous information may be true but - it's just who I am and how I talk.  I explain my background not just because I find it relevant but know that there may be others feeling like me, maybe just not as willing to expose it and I would like to think I am not just asking for myself but someone else who either now, in the past or future may learn from...
 So I've been working hard.  Like Live Cake Challenge Saturday, Wedding Show Sunday & Networking 2-3 times a week, meetings with jerks and clients, marketing, kids, husband, bills ...blah, blah, blah... made myself sick and still going - hard.  No big deal really, I'm sure you work hard too.   I won't go into how I did a cake tasting against my better judgment but I did.  Bride was quiet which is weird to me bc I'm such a loud mouth, maybe the Hispanic side of my...
When I tell them what I do - they all assume I have a brick and mortar or do it out of my house... so neither seems to throw them off.     So far I like Micro-bakery and Cake Artist - both imply small, above average pricing and a studio.  I like the reply Cupadeecakes gave best - it just sounds so honest and confident.  Also there is no need to explain what a Cake Artist IS... know what I mean?   Thank you all for your help!
I like custom cake designer but it becomes redundant in the blurb.    Award winning custom cake designer Cake That!  will custom design a cake for you - LOL!