Posts by cakeymom

I have gone to a shortbread cookie and have used the spatula method as well.  But there is still an ever so slight curve to the very edge that I still have to content with.   So instead of giving myself a headache over this issue I thought about using a little common sense and flipping the cookie over and using the bottom for the top.  No one will be able to tell since the top is virtually flat anyway.   Thanks for the responses!!!   Cakeymom
I have gone to a shortbread cookie and have used the spatula method as well.  But there is still an ever so slight curve to the very edge that I still have to content with.   So instead of giving myself a headache over this issue I thought about using a little common sense and flipping the cookie over and using the bottom for the top.  No one will be able to tell since the top is virtually flat anyway.   Thanks for the responses!!!   Cakeymom
I am wondering if anyone is doing this????  I thought about turning the cookie over to the underside to decorate on. Why not???  It's flat and I don't have to worry about the edges of my fondant circles or wafer paper adhering.   Cakeymom
Does anyone have a scratch banana cake recipe that is light and fluffy that they are willing to share???   Thanks   Cakeymom
Still in need of help????   Cakeymom
I have added a shortbread recipe to my repertoire, which of course, uses no leavening agents. I have had an awesome response. Only thing is that butter can go rancid if the cookie is not consumed in a very timely fashion. So I switch between this and another recipe that has very little leavening. Just depends on if I am shipping or not. Cakeymom
I run wafer paper through it like a charm.  No marks.  I don't really think it's a clogging issue.   But, thanks for the response.   Cakeymom
Any suggestions?????????
Any Thoughts on what to do are highly needed.   Cakeymom
I have a Canon IP3600 and I have tried everything.  The instructions on icing Images(whose sheets I am using), calling in and doing what was suggestioned which was holding the sheet in the freezer for 5 seconds before printing.  I clean before each print.   When I looked at the sheet it is clearly more of an impression along with carryover ink.   I am willing to get a new printer.  Any suggestions on models that do not have this problem??????     cakeymom