Posts by cakeymom

I received this weird message:   helen4u replied to this thread on January 25, 2:36 am Hello, I visited your profile at (cakecentral.com) and I find out that you're the type my heart love, I believe we suit for real love, let walk that precious thing out for heart desire, I hope and believe we match for good. When contacting reply to my mail address (helen_kalushi@hotmail.com) I am waiting for the love. I am, Miss helen
I used my edible image printer on a frosting sheet and the color is not vibrant. It has been six weeks since I used it and I do keep it in a cool dry place. I ran a piece of wafer paper in it before the frosting sheet. I am using Icing Images ink and frosting sheets so that can't be the problem. And the ink has barely been used and was fine the last time I used it. I am stumped. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cakeymom
Are you ONLY going to do cakes???? If yes how about Luscious Cakes??? If you are going to leave room to expand perhaps Luscious Desserts??? Good Luck, we in Alabama are on our third go round in the legislature with our Cottage Food Law to allow home baking and selling of those goods. Cakeymom
Has anyone tried Fancy Flours Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie Recipe?  I would like to but have no idea if this cookie has a spreading issue as this is going to be used for a decorated leaping reindeer cookie???   Cakeymom
After responding to this thread I was curious so I baked my new and improved recipe for someone that ONLY likes docotored cake mix cakes and she responded by saying, "Why didn't I do her cakes with this cake"?  So, she loved it!!!  How gratifying is that to have a convert????  I love it!!  My recipe was an instant hit with her and others in the building that tasted it this morning.  I have worked endlessly on this recipe search and tweaking what I liked and didn't like. ...
I do and that is why I bother to bake from scratch. I have taken a good deal of time by the way of research and development with my recipes and am quite proud of them. The texture the moisture the taste are phenomenal. But every once in a while I get someone that wants a doctored mix and I refer them to someone else that I know that bakes that type of cake and it does not bother me to do so because I want them to have what they want and everybody is happy. Cakeymom
Thanks for the response but I really need a little more advice??  The cake will be delivered on Saturday and consumed on Sunday so it will sit for a day with the gumpaste flowers on it.  Do you think they will wilt?????       Cakeymom
I just made Gumpaste flowers that will dry through to the middle of Saturday. I will apply the flowers to the top of the cake and deliver it shortly thereafter. It is for an affair on Sunday. My Question is this - Does anyone think my flowers will wilt????? Cakeymom
Yes there is in that someone that does not have a dog in the hunt had a comment. If she says something to me I will kindly and gently discuss it with her. Cakeymom
My son is taking some cupcakes over to the school. So my niece will be happy as she does not know he is coming. My whole point was if you are not involved why even have a comment??? If I where going to do something to take to the school it would not have been on such an elaborate scale. I work a full-time job and did this cake as a surprise for my niece and her family to enjoy. They are a family of 8. If my MIL wanted her to have something she should have offered. ...