Posts by cakeymom

I need a good cream cheese frosting. I tried the Cream Cheese Emulsion and YUK! I just ordered the Lorann cheesecake oil flavoring hoping for better:grin: results. I am needing a shelf stable cream cheese frosting. I will also try one on this site. I think it was Earlines(sp)? Any other suggestions will be appreciated. Cakeymom
You're probably correct.  I'll just need to do more research.  Thanks       Cakeymom
The first cakes that I baked were the doctored cake mix cakes that turned out AWFUL and I threw them away.  The second cakes are my scratch cakes that turned out beautifully.  That why I said that I will not ever do that again.  Try and take a shortcut.   Cakeymom
Has anyone used this in an attempt to produce a shelf stable cream cheese frosting???  If so, where do you buy it and is it working???     Cakeymom
Eachna  I'm sure she will.    There's a song and one line states that experience is the best teacher.  I am at work today and so sleepy.  But, I have to work on the fondant flowers for the cake.  Good thing this cake design only has a few, maybe around 12 of varied sizes.   Cakeymom
I am a scratch baker and my recipes are perfect, as I have taken the time necessary to make them that way.  Three of my cakes have even won in local contests.  So, why would I try to make a doctored cake mix cake?????  Trying to save time thinking it would be easier.....WRONG!!!!!!!   I had to re bake two half sheets.  Didn't save me time and definitely did not save me money.  This is for work and I am not getting paid, as it is for a wonderful lady retiring in our...
I need something that is quick and relatively inexpensive.  A couple of boxes of cake mix, oil, eggs, etc.  with a quick mix method of dumping it in all in one bowl, mixing it, and then pour it in a pan.  This has to be ready at 8 am and I so, hence the need for something quick.  This does not count cooling, icing, and decorating.  I am doing a sheet cake to expedite the time factor.   Cakeymom
I normally bake from scratch but I need a good light and fluffy cake, as this is not a stacked cake, for a last minute request.  For in the morning!!!!!!!!   Thanks for your help in advance,   Cakeymom
Thanks egna!   This was the third year.  We are now out of the dark ages!!!!!   I am so excited. WHOOT WHOOT!!!!!    KMKakes, if you're not already, also follow the Facebook page entitled Alabama Cottage Food Bill for updates, as well as, a host of other good knowledge and tips.  These ladies are AWESOME!!!!!!   Cakeymom
Alabama now has a Cottage Food Law. YIPPPPPEEEEEEEE! The Governor signed it, so it is official. Cakeymom