Posts by cakeymom

Well, how about a nice cake for everyone else and a lovely cookie bouquet for her to have and enjoy. Does she like sugar cookies. I make a vanilla with or without almond flavoring and then a chocolate that tastes like a brownie?????Just a thought...... cakeymom
This is one that I did and someone posted a variation that is pretty as well. And it's very mature.
Good Job!!!!! Hopefully mine will be as pretty when I start making them.cakeymom
If I were opening a business I would go based on what I had been doing to get me to where I would even want to open a business and that which was getting the best reviews.1. Does it taste good to my taste testers/clients???2. Does it look good, by that I mean appetizing or do I get comments that it's too pretty to eat???3. Am I obtaining consistent results???4. Is it priced correctly for the product being made???I think those are your biggest concerns. I bake from...
I would define "Scratch" as ONLY using fresh eggs, butter, cream, sour, cream, buttermilk, etc. Then having measured the flour, cake flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, etc.Then, mixing the two together. To me, saying that scratch is a combo of prepackaged store bought ingredients and then adding to that is considered just what it is a "Doctored Mix" and for one to say that this is scratch baking is splitting hairs?????But, in the end if the client is happy...
I called around to several local bakeries just to see if I could get a straight answer. One bakery that touts "Homemade" in it's name, but did admit that their yellow and chocolate cake was from a prepackaged mix. So at least they were honest????????One bakery whose employee answered the phone didn't know if they used a mix, yeah right - that says MIX all over it.I agree, it's a matter of taste. But, if I were a mix maker I would be honest and proud enough to admit it. ...
How do you get a repeating pattern so close without smudging??? Especially if piping gel is used??cakeymom
I am new to tappits and was wondering is it ok to eat gumpaste??? Because I want to use it on cookies.cakeymom
Thanks Diane. Sometimes you think you know the answer, but you want to just double check. cakeymom
I am just beginning to attempt a try at fondant. But was wondering what is the difference between fondant and gumpaste???And which application is best for each???Thanks,cakeymom