Posts by cakeymom

Thanks a bunch!!!!! cakeymom
I am looking for an online Michaels coupon for use today.Thanks,cakeymom
Please post some pics. I would love to see how they turned out.
Do you have a crown cookie? If not, when I don't have a certain cutter I find and picture and create a template. First, I draw it on paper, then cut it out, then place it on top of a piece of cardboard cakeboard and cut it out. I get the cake board from a wholesaler very cheap.Good Luck and Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler (Let the good times roll)!!!!cakeymom
I checked on meetup.com and I am wondering about a club in the Gulf Coast area???
MARTIEQZ I don't think you need to rework your flavors just make sure that the cake is dense enough without being gummy and too heavy. You may want, just like suggested in Cake Boss, adjust your layering. Instead of three maybe do two, or add additional cake boards and doweling within the layers of the bottom cake for extra support?? Good Luck,cakeymom
I am so excited I don't know what to do. I almost purchased a used Cricut (smaller version) along with dvd's by Linda McClure. I was getting ready to go online and purchase the dvd's TODAY. I'm so glad I saw this!!!! I LOVE CAKE CENTRAL and the people that subscribe.THANKS, THANKS, THANKS!!!!cakeymom
I recently rented, "Perfecting the Art of Buttercream" and it talks about this very thing. I was amazed that it was at my local library, it's by Sharon Zambito. She has a cure for this. So check to see if your library has it. If not they maybe willing to order it. My library has another DVD on order right now, "Boxes and Bows". If not, buy it because it's worth every cent.She's awesome!!!!!!!cakeymom
I know of a pastry shop that is high end that uses what the owner refers to as, "Rolled White Chocolate". I have searched and searched and could not find a recipe. I even resorted to contacting chefs of schools and even some chefs abroad. No luck. I have purchased some of the rolled white chocolate and it is divine, but it is NOT candy clay/modeling chocolate. It's better. This is the only thing that they use on their cakes and it rolls out just like fondant. The...
I don't know what your talents are being a, "Newbie". But, I rec'd so many nice compliments, from the person that ordered this cake, and from most that see it, as well. I had full reign.(Which I Love)It's a present styled cake and if you don't want to have the sides slanted inward or the top slanted downward it would be fine. Just use the fondant accents along with a bow. It's very age appropriate. My MIL loved this cake and she's in her 70's. I would use maybe three...