Posts by cakeymom

Any other opinions will be greatly appreciated.bump....cakeymom
I have an order for in the morning that I need to get started on. I have free reign on these.So I would like to apply a thin layer of piping gel on top of my sugar cookies and then dip them into colored sugar. Will this work??? They are for ages 4-7 so they don't have to be fancy just good tasting.On the other half of the cookies I will apply royal icing all over the cookie and valentine colored m&m's around the border. cakeymom
Ok, VentureSister I was beginning to think that I was a total snob. It's just that after going to the library and doing much research on baking(because I like to bake primarily from scratch) I know that a much better cupcake is attainable. My only thing that I need to work on is doming on my cupcakes.BTW, I'm in Mobile,ALcakeymom
If you can still get it at Sam's buy the Ghirardelli dipping bars. They can also be ordered on line last time I checked.Far better than anything else I've ever used in consistency and taste. The bars at Sam's are 6.48 for a 2 1/2 lb bar. They come in White and doulbe milk chocolate. While the maker sells them for 12.00 each.cakeymom
We have two new cupcake shops that have opened up. Matter of fact they are the only "LEGAL" cupcake shops in town, as well.They both have cupcakes that are dense with a lot of large crumb and the icing is way too cloyingly sweet.I thought the cake part of a cupcake was to be airy, but light with some small crumb. It's as if these two shops never heard of cake flour and if not cake flour 100% a mixture of cake flour and ap flour. Then you would think that by now they...
BUMP..... Does anyone know anything?????cakeymom
My husband may be getting a job in the Florida panhandle and I was wondering if there are updates on changing Florida's Cottage Laws???cakeymom
I have a 80's themed two tier zebra striped cake to do. This is my idea: 8" and 6" tiered cake with the 8" tier having the zebra stripes with a hot pink background. I will do light pink feathers coming out of the bottom tier along side of the six tier. The party maybe combined for two people. So there goes the monogrammed idea on the side of the top tierI have ordered one package cake crystals(shaped like diamonds and they are 1/2" in diameter and the package has...
My DH is going to die because I'm running out of room for cake/cookie stuff but he'll just have to get over it. I just ordered my Cake Cricut Mini from Joann's. I was charged sales tax and I used the code AP15 for free shipping!!!!!!!I'm tickled pink!!!!!!!!cakeymom
Mine is a Salton - Not sure of the model but it has:Grams and Ounces/PoundsAuto Zero Auto ShutoffBest investment I could have ever made. I love recipes that are already converted to gram or ounces so that I don't have to do it. Using a scale makes for more accurate and consistent baking, as it is a science.cakeymom