Posts by cakeymom

We have two new cupcake shops that have opened up. Matter of fact they are the only "LEGAL" cupcake shops in town, as well.They both have cupcakes that are dense with a lot of large crumb and the icing is way too cloyingly sweet.I thought the cake part of a cupcake was to be airy, but light with some small crumb. It's as if these two shops never heard of cake flour and if not cake flour 100% a mixture of cake flour and ap flour. Then you would think that by now they...
BUMP..... Does anyone know anything?????cakeymom
My husband may be getting a job in the Florida panhandle and I was wondering if there are updates on changing Florida's Cottage Laws???cakeymom
I have a 80's themed two tier zebra striped cake to do. This is my idea: 8" and 6" tiered cake with the 8" tier having the zebra stripes with a hot pink background. I will do light pink feathers coming out of the bottom tier along side of the six tier. The party maybe combined for two people. So there goes the monogrammed idea on the side of the top tierI have ordered one package cake crystals(shaped like diamonds and they are 1/2" in diameter and the package has...
My DH is going to die because I'm running out of room for cake/cookie stuff but he'll just have to get over it. I just ordered my Cake Cricut Mini from Joann's. I was charged sales tax and I used the code AP15 for free shipping!!!!!!!I'm tickled pink!!!!!!!!cakeymom
Mine is a Salton - Not sure of the model but it has:Grams and Ounces/PoundsAuto Zero Auto ShutoffBest investment I could have ever made. I love recipes that are already converted to gram or ounces so that I don't have to do it. Using a scale makes for more accurate and consistent baking, as it is a science.cakeymom
I am looking for a favor box similar to the one that Martha Stewart used in making her stacked wedding cookie cake. It is a clear vertical box that is cut down the middle but the sides slide on top of another. This allows for you to be able to slide the decorated cookies in the box instead of having to drop them in a box with a flap on top. I'm looking for dimensions close to 3"W x 3"L x 5"H.cakeymom
What printer do you have Epson or Canon???cakeymom
leah_s,Would you look at the gumdropcookieshop monogrammed cookies with the pretty background. Do you think that's something I could do with word, or powerpoint?If it is I'm close to be ready to get my printer.Thanks,cakeymom
How do I incorporate desktop design software in making edible images?? I saw a site gumdropcookieshop and they have some beautiful cookies and with me on the verge of purchasing a printer deticated to edile imaging how do I bring the two mediums together???? I don't have the first clue where to start???cakeymom