Posts by cakeymom

THANKS!!!!!!!!!
It's not too late to get that letter sent. Please do so I can't be the only one in the State of Alabama that's for this.cakeymom
The restrictions are outlined in this link:http://www.fma.alabama.gov/HomeProc.aspx
Ok, sent my letters out today!!!!!!! This appeal goes to any Alabama CC'ers. Please send your letters out as well to get SB352 passed becuase if we do not show that it is important to us it's not going to be important to the Senators on the Health committee
If you are from Alabama and have the desire to become a "LEGAL" home baker please draft a letter to the Alabama Health Committee Legislature respresentatives.Below is a copy of the bill along with the link of the Health Committee and their contact info.LETS GET THIS DONE!!!!!!!!! To view the bill access this link then click on "View" at the top of page to read the bill in it's...
I know there are threads on White Cakes, but I am looking for something very specific.I am looking for a white cake or near white cake with a very fine crumb and that is light and tender made from scratch.If you are willing share your recipe and photo I would greatly appreciate it. I tried cook's illustrated white layer cake and it had the very fine crumb and was light and tender but it was spongy.cakeymom
I had a facebook page book marked in my favorites and lost it somehow. The person was from Germany, I think. They have the most beautifully crafted cookies using patchwork cutters. Does anyone have this facebook in their favorites?? I would love to learn how to do this.cakeymom
That's odd. This is the only recipe that I use and I never have any problems. I make 1 1/2 times the recipe for three 9" pans. Post the recipe and lets make sure you have it correct. The other big thing is that I don't cook my layers for an hour. Are you sure your baking soda is fresh??cakeymom
May I suggest buttercreams in; Caramel, Peanut Butter, or the obvious cream cheese??cakeymom
Ok I know somebody has to have a smooth and fluffy chocolate frosting recipe out there in CC'er land?????cakeymom