Posts by cakeymom

If you have time and ingredients to try another Sponge Cake recipe.  Tish Boyle's is the best to me by far!!!!   You can Google Tish Boyle's Hot Milk Sponge Cake.  I am an American from the South and even I love it!!!!!!!!  Super easy, but be sure to the follow the recipe and steps exactly as written.   Cakeymom
I've been doing cakes for a while now and I know that I am no Ron Ben Isreal, but that does not mean that I am not proud of my work.   I am just as proud of my first Wilton cake class cake as I am the very last groom's cake that I did.   So, I would like to say that over time my skill level has improved and my cash flow has improved and afforded me more tools.  I look at tons of online videos and have researched my local library, as well as, buying dvd's.   Now...
I use a modified version of the Cakeman Raven's Red Velvet Cake recipe and I use oil and butter.  When I tried it with just oil the cake was way too oily and slick for my taste.    Cakeymom
Or,   Sweet Baking by (my name here)  Which I really did not want my name in the business name   Baking It Up Sweet     Cakeymom
Ok, I am back to the drawing board.  I figured since I bake from scratch and do cakes and decorated cookies.   How about, "The Homemade Baker"  or is this too old school/old fashioned.  Or maybe, "Everything's Sweet"  I am totally lost on this.  I just don't want the name to imply candy and chocolates.   Cakeymom
Thanks K8memphis Sorry, I forgot to put that you cover with foil towards the last 15 to 20 minutes of baking your poundcake. Cakeymom
I know a lot people like the sugary crust and the post stating that it is from the sugar content is absolutely correct.  I have researched and adjusted my recipe so that it is what I consider PERFECT.  Perfect texture, taste, cutting, and it is not too heavy and dense or dry.  I have even one first place at my local fair with it.  So, the corrections that I have made appeals to others, as well.    However, I will tell you this.  In contacting a chef at a local culinary...
Has anyone tried coloring wafer paper with the spray on color out of a can?  I don't have an air brush machine.  If I use the can color I would think I need to go very lightly same as the air brush instructions that I have seen posted.   Cakeymom
Asked my DH and he thinks the name indicates a business that sells candy and/or chocolates.  Go figure???  What do you all think???   Cakeymom
Thanks!