Posts by cakeymom

Maybe an online petition? I just don`t know how to start it???????????
Well, for the record I did purchase my birthday cake from the bakery and it was good.  But, I don't see what the harm is in knowing what you are paying for.  I get the point of using a good quality commercial mix; consistency, and being able to sell a product at a good and fair price.   But, what I do not get is, why not just say you use a mix.  Why does there have to be this lack of ownership???  Again, if I had a bakery I might be one that uses a mix.  But, at...
Truly the reason I asked about baking from scratch is because I was considering ordering my birthday cake from her.  I like Italian Cream Cheese cake and if she baked from scratch I would have ordered it to save myself time from baking my cake.    Anyway, I did get my answer by her evasiveness.      Cakeymom
I recently called a local bake shop that is getting a name for having very good cupcakes.  I enjoy them as well.  They placed in the top ten for the cupcakes in the state.  Most of them have a very delightful filling and they are so light and fluffy and just plain good.    I was in the shop recently while they were baking and I know I smelled the scent of a packaged mix(which is what I suspected because I bake a lot)  Anyway I called and asked if they used a base mix...
Let's see some of your work. Then we might be able to offer some CONSTRUCTIVE critism. Perhaps you may need to sharpen your skills. Are you going to any of the bridal shows for exposure. Some of the ones hosted by hotels themselves are not expensive. Are you working with a party planner or wedding consultant? If you don't do wedding cakes you may want to reconsider. How about corporate events where you could do a dessert bar? There's a lot of ways to get your name...
Help, I am desperate for a 4 piece box to place my chocolate covered oreo cookies in.
I am looking for a 4 piece box to use in packaging chocolate covered oreo cookies. I don't need hundreds of boxes I am hoping to find them sold in increments of 10 or 20??? Helpcakeymom
It will be reintroduced, as the State of Alabama Health commitee did APROVE it. I was told by Senator Rusty Glover that he will re-introduce the bill and he assured me that it should pass in the next session which starts next February.I was told that there were MANY other bills that had to get through and that's why it did not make it this time.I will be sending out a reminder for those in the state of alabama or anyone else that would like to help us to contact the...
How do I attempt a wood grain affect on a cake board covered in fondant??? Do I let it dry completely? Then use the wood grain tool? Would I do a 50/50 fondant gumpaste mix?Any help would be wonderful I am going to do a replica of Sharon Zambito's book cake.Thanks,cakeymom
Wonder how the new Duncan Hines Frosting Creations flavors would work if you mixed it in cake batter???Has anyone else thought about this and tried it???cakeymom