Posts by cakeymom

I knew I saw a 5000 limit somewhere. Go to page 2 post 22 on this thread and it shows a news report link from a station in Montgomery, Alabama.   Hopefully, this will not be the case.  But, we really will not know for sure until we see the actual Bill.   Fingers and toes crossed   Cakeymom
Wonderful!!!!!!  With that being the case the only left to do is to make sure the bill, once introduced next week, is rallied for so that it does not die again.   Cakeymom
This just posted on the Gulf Coast Cake Society Facebook page and is from the lady in Senator Glover's district that brought this to his attention by being shut down by her local Health Dept for selling out goods out of an unlicensed kitchen.    ok, folks. I finally heard from Senator Glover this morning. He is getting the bill drawn up this week and reintroducing it the first part of next week. It will be the same bill as last year. Once he...
I wish I did.  I'm on the Gulf Coast.
There is a petition on facebook that would be awesome for you to sign if you haven't already.  But, yes there is a massive following to have this happen in the current general session.   Cakeymom
This sounds like a very good strategy.  Now we know were to send our letters simple and non-demanding and probably short in nature.   Thanks for the update!   Cakeymom
Does anyone know through contact with Senator Glover what the final bill that is to be submitted for consideration will contain?
If I remember correctly there were some questions regarding a 50,000 threshold for sales like Texas has, which is what the Alabama bill is modeled after.  He thought it would have a better chance of passing if it were lowered.   I did contact him about the amount when it was at 5,000 and voiced concern as to actually how low the limit was in terms of the overhead that goes into sales and how low the profit margin would be.    I say lets get it passed with maybe...
I am in the lower part of the state. My letter is very simple it outlines why it is a win win situation. In that the state and local municipalities are missing out on sales dollars and that as a home baker I would like to legally earn money and gain the insights that could lead to me possibly opening a storefront and employing others. I also played devil's advocate by noting that this would not affect existing storefront owners as these sales are already taking...
BTW, I am already drafting a letter to start sending out once the bill has been given a number     cakeymom