Posts by cakeymom

Not sure???  But it looks like the bill will die again this year.  Sad   There's always next year.    cakeymom  
Oh well, looks like it's NOT going to make it yet again......  Alabama has to be one of the most unprogressive states to live in.   Cakeymom
It is getting down to the wire.  Please call, fax or email the Democratic legislative representatives in the Alabama Senate ASAP!!!!!!  Apparently there is a nasty filibuster taking place on their part.    What a lovely thing to do when they are supposed to be doing a job and representing their constituents.  Makes me sick on my stomach and shows just how selfish they are. Politics at it's best!!!!!!!!!      Cakeymom
It's just a little frustrating after learning that neighboring Mississippi passed their Bill on April 1st.  The Senator may have a point, so I will not totally give up. I guess when we feel passionate about about a matter and everyone else does not agree we can get a little defensive instead of looking at the BIG picture.   So fingers and toes are still crossed and if we can't get it one way, there may be another way.    After all I tell my kids all the time,...
After responding to the above concern by an Alabama Senator this is the response:     "May I suggest that you start with your local government which can by ordinance allow such a mixed use in a resident if they desire. I do not feel it should be state law because in urban areas it will cause too many problems. This really can be resolved if your local city council or if unincorporated, county government agree with you."     Not my problem and pass the buck...
I just received this response back from a Senator that I emailed:     "I do not understand why persons wishing to operate a business don’t just jet a business license as people who operate a business have to do. This is already law"     I responded by letting the Senator know about the current law and it's restrictions versus having a Bill go through the Alabama Legislature to make the necessary changes to allow persons to sell baked goods/candies from their...
Thanks!  Good luck to you as well.   cakeymom
In the mist of the third reading in the Senate, which from there if approved the bill will go to the House for readings and a vote, SB236 has suffered a set back.  According to  one Senator's Office the Democrats have started a filibuster and because of this only a couple of Bills are going through the Senate per day.  HOW SELFISH!!!!!!   So, if you are an Alabamian, please email, call, fax the Alabama Senate concerning the importance of SB236...
Thanks!  Can I ask?  If I am using the white chocolate Ghirardelli Baking and dipping bar for 8 oz of chocolate about how much glucose do you recommend?   Cakeymom
Oh Well.  I guess like one of my co-workers says, "Your stress is not my stress."   At least I tried.   Cakeymom