Posts by celestecakes78

First off you are very brave for doing wc roses, they are a pain in the butt! Whip cream is always "holey" no matter how fast or slow you whip it up its got some air in it that makes it tough to do detail like a rose.I'd save yourself the aggrevation and go forth and use the buttercream roses.
I have only painted the candy colors into the mold before pouring the chocolate,ex: eyes nose etc.i've never done it after but don't think it would be much different maybe even easier depending on what details you have to add to your chocolate.
An edible image can be printed and stored for quite awhile without going bad.When they are printed its always on the edible paper because reg paper has chemicals etc and IMO if you are paying the bakery to print this for you make them use their paper.Buttercream always breaks down an image with time if you want to play it safe maybe make a backing for it in fondant place the image over it and then put it on the cake that way you don't have to worry bout the buttercream...
if you don't have the copper you can use a tiny bit of brown and to warm it up you can use pink and yellow with it just a little bit not too much! with the shaped cake pan you can just ice the sides with whatever color buttercream and you don't have to cover the top with frosting before you pipe your stars onto it just go right ahead with the stars otherwise it makes it hard to see the pattern underneath.Good luck
As far as fillings and cakes go the old saying is true you can't make everyone happy with your choice.However reading your list it made me think of somethings you may want to consider for your guests.Is anyone allergic to nuts? Are there going to be little kids eating this?IMO choc mousse is always a hit and it goes well with the cake you chose. some of the other fillings like cheesecake might be alittle more an adult flavor then kids.The fondant i love to use is michele...
As far as fillings and cakes go the old saying is true you can't make everyone happy with your choice.However reading your list it made me think of somethings you may want to consider for your guests.Is anyone allergic to nuts? Are there going to be little kids eating this?IMO choc mousse is always a hit and it goes well with the cake you chose. some of the other fillings like cheesecake might be alittle more an adult flavor then kids.The fondant i love to use is michele...
I forgot.. GOOD LUCK
You don't have to add support to the dummys just make sure you put some frosting between the different tiers to glue them together you don't want them to slide. For the fondant you can use the cheap BC over the dummy and then fondant over that. If the dummy is going to be thrown away use the cheap BC but if your planning on saving it for awhile like for a display or something you might want to ice with royal icing underneath the fondant,it wont get yucky like BC will.I did...
If you want to dry your RI faster you can use a heat lamp or put it in a very low heated oven to dry.With the choc ganache I agree with classiccake it can be done maybe go a little thin with the ganache otherwise your image will sink. hope this helps