Posts by Jopalis

I will check out Sugarbelle's recipe. I think it was her video I was watching.  Re the orange peel...just that.  Surface was not smooth and shiny.  More like the skin of an orange.  I think it was just too wet.  Seems it is too thick and then I am trying the 10 second thing and next thing I know it's too thin.  If I did it more I would get better.  The Americolor was odd.  I added so much super black to get black and it looked more like Hunter Green.  Sometimes if a Wilton...
No...I live in dry as dust Southern CA.  I think I made it way too runny. I just wish I had a "go to" recipe that worked every time. I have tried Wiltons, Antonias, glace, etc.  I don't do them often enough to get good but get disappointed that they don't look better.  Another odd thing... my Americolors seem to have gone "off". I have had some of them a very long time but I never heard of them going bad per se.
I have never had this happen before with various royal recipes.  This time I just did the regular Wilton recipe.  The cookies took a long time to dry and some of them have a weird orange peel texture to the surface.  Anyone? 
Thank you!  I cut Antonia's recipe down yesterday but it seemed to take forever to get enough water in it for 10 second rule.  I had used Peggy Porschen's recipe earlier in the day but couldn't get it to work. Probably most recipes will work if right consistency.  Still, I did better with Antonia's and it dried pretty quickly... Happy Valentine Day! 
The one I use of Antonia74 has cream of tartar in it as well.  This recipe may not be right.
thanks... I'll look there.
Where is the cookie picture gallery?  Couldn't find it.
I would like to find some sort of container that would seal and perhaps keep variety of cookies separate.  I want to take with me to an upcoming trip to my son's house.  I will bring it back with me so ...reuse.  Not for mailing ...just for taking.... What do you use? What are your suggestions.  I make a variety of cookies and sometimes you don't want one to flavor the other...  Thanks!  Jo
thank you so much!!! I thought so but wanted another opinion.  Happy Holidays! 
I want to try the recipe by Jacques Torres for almond paste.  The recipe calls for blanched slivered almonds.  I bought slivered amonds today but the label says "raw slivered almonds".  There is no skin.  Do I still need to blanch them?  thank you so much.  Gearing up for my holiday baking.....