Posts by hellie0h

After seeing a post from "getfrosted" wanting ideas for ice cubes in a ice bucket, it had me thinking about a Christmas Cake I had in mind. I didn't get around to it until today to see what I could come up with. I made a hard candy recipe, flavored it with a clear lorann oil. I made a rectangular shaped mold out of heavy duty aluminum foil, approx. nine inces long, 5 inches wide and about an inch high. Oiled the foil and poured the hot candy, after about 15 minutes...
I haven't seen the Crisco brand yet, I have used the Smart Balance brand for the last several months. It bakes and fries just as well as any regular shortening. I used it in the BC and I swear it does not have the greasy feel on the tongue like regular shortening.
I seen this post in Southern Living forum from a lady who bought the cakes and made a recipe that she thought was very similar.TENNESSEE T-CAKES (COPYCAT)4 oz butter1 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar1 egg1 egg yolk1 1/2 tsp. vanilla5 oz (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons) all-purpose flour1/4 tsp saltPreheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line mini muffin pan with mini muffin paper liners.Heat the butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat stirring until the sugar...