Posts by Jealena

Thanks so much! Yes I am doing AMC so I'll go ahead and do sides and work in from there, that is probably the only way to get it to stand. I am doing rest of cakes in fondant but thought BC best on the top layer for something to adhere to. Again, thanks for answering I certainly appreciate it...
Here is the pic of the hay, perhaps this will help??
I am doing a tractor/hay cake for my grandson. The top layer looks like a hay field with a fence around it. Doing a tire bottom layer, and the logo bday greetings middle layer, Thought doing hay with a pasta maker in either gum paste or fondant, it kind of stands up on top, how do they get it to stay on the sides of the cake as well as stand, It looks like a lot of hay, any ideas on how to do this, as well as getting it all to stand so the tractor can sit on top of...
If anyone has made this before, did you ever refrigerated it? I would like to do this ahead of time and was wondering about freezing vs refrigerated vs room temperature. No eggs but has lots of butter. If you did freeze it on cupcakes, how long do you think it would need to thaw before serving? Would love to freeze it only between now and Saturday so they remain fresh tasting but don't have time to do all Sat morning? Suggestions Please?????
Thank you, That's exactly what I did, but on one of the threads I read on here it said to neutralize with a little bit of blue color which I did and that really helped tone down the pink.... Surprised it turned pink with brown color, was really disappointing but all is good now. Thanks again for your suggestion, really helps!!!
I am preparing BC icing for a wedding cake and decided I would make it look a darker shade of ivory, and added a drop of gel brown coloring, now it looks pink to me.  It looked more ivory before I added the brown because I used reg color vanilla flavoring, what can I do to make it look ivory again??  Please...
Thanks for the answers, great idea to do around cake pans...That's perfect..  As always best advice on CC....
Of course, sorry!!!  Ingredients:  Confx sugar, gum tragacanth and water.  Thanks...
May have been answered somewhere on here so sorry, couldn''t find, but if you are using some lace molds with mexican gumpaste, can you do this ahead of time and would the lace remain soft and pliable to be able to place on the cake???   Thanks .....