Posts by mrsg1111

Hi! Sounds delicious!  I make ganache to frost my cakes under fondant.  I use a 2:1 ratio.  Chocolate:heavy whipping cream.  and it is really good.  It is the consistency of peanutbutter.  Sometimes it's a little looser but you can put it in the refrigerator or freezer for a few minutes.  If i were to use it as a filling i would then use an electric mixer and mix it.. it would make it a fluffier.
Hello all, My cousin asked me to make a cake that will be covered in fondant and filled with Strawberry Mousse (fresh).  I tested a strawberry mousse last night and it came out pretty good but I would like to tweek a few things and would greatly appreciate any and all advice.   1. I used 2 tablespoons of squeezed lemon juice for 1 1/2 cups pureed fresh strawberries.  I taste the lemon first.. for me- I love that, very refreshing, but i doubt that is what my cousin will...
LOL, I apologize I was going back and forth between 2 different posts. 
I was told by customer service of where I purchased the dragees that they are the same gold dragees as year ago, and they just recommend they be removed and not eaten. Still didn't answer my question.  My best guess is because of the metallic color and the result of too much being ingested.  I'll just advise them to remove them before serving. I'm not going to have many on the cake anyway.
That's what I thought and good to know if anyone inquires about them.  Thank you!
I'm falling in  love the "Naked Cakes"  I've been seeing them more and more and the more I see them the more I love them!  BUT if anyone has created one or has tasted one, are they dry?  I always thought that the icing and fondant kept the cakes from drying out...  I would love to know other's thoughts and feelings about them.   :)
I appreciate the input. I have never tried them myself. I know they are banned in the state of California, and the label reads for decoration only. I think I am going to go the safe route and make them out of fondant but just for curiosity I am going to call the company or manufacturer to find out why.   Thanks again for the input!!! 
I read many dated threads on whether or not to use gold dragees but wanted to repost this to get current views.  I am making a cake and was asked if I could incorporate gold accents.  I have a bottle of gold dragees that I've used for personal cakes.  When I served the cakes I have always removed them or they fell off.  Now I'm not sure if I should use them since I will not be there to serve the cake.  I could make small strands of beads with a mold break them up and...
There is  "woven" mat that looks like burlap.  I also love the idea of being able to make the mold.  I never thought of that.  Especially since the woven mat was on the pricier side.  Now I have to try that!  :)
 I'm not sure what material raffia is made of but you should be ok with that on butter cream.  It does not shed like burlap.  you could probably make sugar veil look like it.  Like I said in my earlier post, I haven't yet tried it but I have been looking into it and watching videos... I think this is going to be my new best friend.