Posts by LoriMc

Ok, I'm attempting this.    Bought some heavy whipping cream, which does not list the amount of fat, so I'm hoping it's the right thing.  Also bought Baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate squares.  I was hoping to use this today as a filling.  Right now it's all melted and stirred.  If I put it in the frig, how long before I can use it?   Also, when people say "whip" it.  Do you put it in your kitchenaid, or do you mean just by hand?  
I've done it both ways.  I add a pinch of popcorn salt too.  Tastes fantastic!
I do use butter in the Hershey's recipe.    So what's the best ganache recipe, or are they all pretty similar?
I'm looking to try new recipes for Chocolate icing that can be spread and smoothed on a cake.  I don't like the taste of chocolate buttercream.  I think the shortening "waters" down the flavor of the chocolate.  I normally used the recipe off the back of the Hershey's cocoa powder can and it tastes great.  I was just wondering if there was anything else out there I should be trying?   I've never tried ganache.  Can it be whipped up into spreading consistency and...
What kind of chocolate do you use?  Semi sweet?
If you really want to make a quality GF cake, you have to invest in several different flours and xanthan gum.  Some of the all purpose GF flours out there will not rise well and have bean flour in them, which will give a bean taste.      If you want the flour mixture and recipe I use, just PM me.  I bake GF for myself and several of my customers and they love the cake.  
Are we ever getting the recipe ratings back?  There are so many, it's hard to find the great stuff, when there is no rating system. 
Absolutely!  I think I'll call next time just so I can tell them the real price of the cake.
Hilarious.  I love it when people send me pics of Pink Cake Box cakes and then want me to do it for $50.  I so feel your pain.  
I've been buying Old Gold Luster dust for years and using it without problem.  I just used it on the edges of 20 cookies, and I notice that now it has a sticker that says (for decoration purposes only), does say non toxic on the label.  This is new!  Did they pass a law or something?  Can anyone comfort me that this is ok???  I've heard before all these dusts are used in England without a problem.    Is another case of silver dragees...something people ate for years...