Posts by LoriMc

Thanks so much, Julia.  I found that recipe on FB last night and I'm going to give it a try. :)
I'm making a pancake cake, and it needs to have "maple syrup" coming down the sides.  Can the piping gel be subbed with corn syrup? I've seen different recipes that involve cooking it with gelatin, but if I'm being honest, I really don't want to go to all that trouble for a couple tablespoons of syrup.   Would you use maple syrup instead?  Or mix it with cornsyrup?
Someone has asked me to make this cake.    Gerbil balls so far have holes and indentations.  Gumball globe is much bigger.  Anyone have a clue where I could find a clear dome like that?
I love creme bouquet, but I only add it in the cake.  Magic Line makes my favorite clear vanilla and butter flavoring, but for some reason, I don't like their creme bouquet. It's so light, I can barely taste it.  This is the one time I prefer CK over Magic Line.   My favorite cake flavor!
Thanks!  I'm going to try that with a flower nail. 
I'm baking until it's done.  I don't want to bake it longer than that.  What temp are you baking it at?
This is my favorite vanilla cake, hands down, but am I the only one here still struggling with the sinking issues?  I noticed there were a lot of comments on her blog where people said their cakes sunk. What should I toy with?  I always bake cakes at 325.  Should I raise it?  Use a flower nail even in small cakes?  Suggestions would be great.  I really don't want to give up on this one.  **sorry for the double post**
  I'm surprised it works so well with half the eggs!  Maybe the other person's cake was more yellow because they used all the eggs. I'm just about to throw my hands up in the air and use butter cake instead of yellow. I think part of the issue is that I grew up on yellow cake mix, and I'm having a hard time replicating that without all the chemicals, lol.
This is my favorite vanilla cake, hands down, but am I the only one here still struggling with the sinking issues?  I noticed there were a lot of comments on her blog where people said their cakes sunk.   What should I toy with?  I always bake cakes at 325.  Should I raise it?  Use a flower nail even in small cakes?  Suggestions would be great.  I really don't want to give up on this one.
I just made the Slyvia Weinstock yellow cake (with 1/4 c milk adjustment).  I was really disappointed at how much it shrank! The taste was ok, but I didn't fall over with excitement.    Also made CakeLove's yellow cake.  Loved the texture.  Taste was ok too, but I subbed all vanilla for the brandy.  Why can't I get happy with a yellow cake recipe?