Posts by poppyseed

I would appreciate any tips on how to put a mini cake into a clear acetate favor box. The cake is approx. 5 inches tall, 4 inches in dia. The box is 5x5x7 inches high. My problem is, when I go to put the cake into the box I broke the gumpaste flowers on top, and had finger marks or intents in the fondant. Thank goodness, this is my practice cake, I have 25 of these to make. The box has a top and bottom opening only. There must be a trick to this. I thought of...
Simple, I buy the neon green, nice lime color by AmeriColor.
Simple, I buy the neon green, nice lime color by AmeriColor.
Oh Gosh, I have the same problem, I always look for other ways to write a greeting, like plaques placed on the cake. I write on the plaques and choose the best ones. I don't want to decorate a cake, and then have to mess it up with my chicken scratch! I have talked to other grocery bakers, and many of them say they have not received any formal training on decorating, just kind of had their own knowledge. Go figure!
I think I saw a beautiful cake in the gallery, but now I can't find it. Can anyone help locate it. It was a towering blue cake stacked like a box with cally lillies peeking from under the lid. I would love to find it again.
I just finished my first cake using Sam's Club icing, it did crust fine for simple flowers, I didn't try the rose yet. You ask for it in the bakery dept. I paid $19.99 for a bucket. I was not aware there is a chocolate as well. So thanks for that info. I didn't add any flavors, because I wanted to try it "straight", next time I will add to it.
Did we all have the same Wilton class? Thanks to all our instructors, we are here it seems.
OK now. I've checked one of my posts I made and it said I had 14 replies, but I don't know how to read them. Help!
Thanks everyone, checked out your suggested sites and requested samples. You are all so helpful and quick to respond!
I want to make some mini cakes for a wedding, but I've been searching for some clear acetate boxes to present them in. I see them in all the magazines but can't find the right one. approx. size 4x4x4 or a bit larger. I would sure appreciate any help. Kindly e-mail back to: mebrink07@gmail.com