Posts by allibopp5

Great info, thanks
Can anyone explain to me how to make an internal cake support with pvc? Like on the cake challenges, the center pipe...? I've searched and can't find any info or directions on it...
No, no additonal fees on my part. Bride and groom had the tram and shuttle busses rented for the event. In hindsight, I suppose I could have charged more for delivery. I rarely deliver that far, so I wasn't sure how much to charge. I think it turned out ok after all was said and done. Now, about that kayak......
It's been so long, I forgot to update. For anyone still following this thread, the bride decided to pay the full price in two separate checks, which both cleared just fine. I delivered the cake (in my gallery, the one with the blue circles). It had a bit of wear from the road, but I was able to repair it just fine on site. She even left a thank you card with a gratuity with one of the bridesmaids for me. Guess she had a change of heart! See, sometimes these stories...
Does anyone mix up all their batter at once for the day and refrigerate until it's ready to go in the oven?Trying to save some time (small oven), but don't want to ruin the batter. Any advice is appreciated!
Mensch, how much would you have charged? This would have been my first delivery that was that far away...had a hard time determining a price.
I knew someone on this site would understand my frustration! It's nice to share a laugh about something like this...otherwise it just irritates me.
Oh, please don't get me wrong ladies, I didn't hold the date for her....(wouldn't dare without any money). I simply don't have any other orders. She was in full planning-mode in May and ready to schedule a tasting, etc. All was great. She was just too busy to ever meet with me or schedule an appt. If I had another paying order, she would have been out of luck. BUT, I didn't...and I really want to buy myself a kayak, so I was hoping to use the money from this one on...
The bride, (a friend of a friend) contacts me in May for her Aug 29th wedding. I quote her a price of $4.50/serving for a fondant cake decorated like the magazine photo she liked. She wants her cake delivered 2 hours away, I calculated mileage based on the IRS reimbursement rate, it came to $115. She agreed to that in mid-May. Today, just 2 weeks before her wedding (she was too busy to meet with me any sooner), when I explain that I need payment before I begin...
Here are my results:I made 2 full WASC batches, I made cupcakes weighing 1.0-1.2 ounces each...just up to the top of the paper liner, flat tops. I had enough batter for 171 cupcakes and two 6" rounds. Perfect for this weekend's wedding.Thanks for posting your results everyone!