Posts by giraffe11

Are we taking August off? I can't find any new scracth-off posts for a new flavor...........
I don't remember what the next flavor was to be, but I am ready to bake!!! Mcats are tomorrow morning at 8:00 and I'll be so happy when they are over. To bed now. Baking frenzy to commence tomorrow after kids are in bed.
I've been studying, studying, studying.....so no time for baking, baking, baking. I do appreciate everyone else's work though and will certainly give the top couple of recipes a try. I'll be back to baking in August, so I'll join back in for that run.
Also....you don't need the freezer....which is why chocolate transfers are so much easier. You can take more time and don't have to constantly be worrying about the thing thawing out. Much nicer. I like doing them.
Bobwonderbuns.....Thanks! But your links were not the ones that aren't working........ it is the links in this thread that used to go to an excel spreadsheet with the results and recipes from the yellow cake scratch off on it. I will post it again from my home computer tonight. I saved a copy when the OP originally posted it.Thanks for trying though! It was kind of you!
Yes, I noticed yesterday that the links to the spreadsheet weren't working. I have a copy on my desktop. If you can't get them before this afternoon. I can post it when I get home from work this evening.
Exactly, my friend gave someone on Craigslist a stroller, crib, packnplay and a high chair, b/c the person was just "struggling so much to get ready for my baby. And my boyfriend got laid off and we can't afford a car seat and I'm so afraid of what's going to happen when this baby arrives.....etc"Less than 4 hours after the pickup, all of her items were listed for sale on Criagslist. Don't even mention that my friend is struggling as much as most everyone, in this...
I roll only between parchment and never add any flour for rolling purposes at all. With adding no flour, I pretty much find that I can re-roll until the dough is gone.....as many times as I would like. I would never re-roll more than once, if adding extra flour. But we have tested (taste and visual) between roll one and roll eight and none of my testers (myself, DH, three random people at my work, and two random people at his) could tell the difference. I usually get...
Many hi-ratio recipes are meant to be non-crusting, I think. I use WBH house buttercream a lot and it is a lovely hi-ratio recipe that does not crust at all. Easiest thing to do is probably just find another recipe. Sorry
That has happened to my sister several times.......with cakes, crocheted afghans, vegetables, chickens......you name it. She usually enters an item in several categories and her work is lovely. There are these "levels" though, on the judges sheets and if you don't achive these "levels" to the satisfaction of the judges, then you can't have first place, even if you are the only entrant. Sometimes, there is only 1 judge as well......so it is all up to the biases and...