Posts by vonnie222

Check the yellow pages. There's a couple of different places besides Hobby Lobby and Michaels. I took classes from Cake Carousel a couple of years ago when I was working in Dallas. Jeri and the other instructors were wonderful. I loved the classes. And they teach other ways of decorating besides just Wilton. Don't get me wrong, Wilton is good, but I enjoyed learning other ways of decorating. One of the instructors, Claire, was from England, and her classes were...
I have chemical sensitivies, and I'm a non-smoker. I can usually tolerate the smell of cigarette smoke better than I can perfume. Or other scented products like candles, potpourri, bath oil and powder, laundry detergent, fabric softeners, cleaning supplies, room and carpet deodorizers, etc, etc, etc. You get the picture. So, for me personally, if you ban smoking in and around your establishment, you also need to ban perfume. It's not only those of us with chemical...
I always add 1/4 cup applesauce to all my cake batters, boxed or scratch. I use this amount for every two layer recipe, and adjust accordingly if I'm making multiple batches of batter at the same time. My cakes are moist, tender and just dense enough that they stack well. I started baking when I was 10 years old and I've been adding applesauce to my cakes for over 40 years. I use all natural, no added sugar. I may or may not add all the water called for in the recipe,...
Ditto Bluehue, couldn't have said it better myself.
I haven't used FDs but I love my Magic pans. Nice crisp square corners. I do have a few of the Wilton decorator preferred and they aren't bad, but I prefer the ML pans.