Posts by Lillybelle

Take the 9" cut it in half and seal together as two layers. Put the flat part of the semi circle on bottom and make it a purse with frosting or fondant handles. One 9" should be fine for you two and some kids.
Take the 9" cut it in half and seal together as two layers. Put the flat part of the semi circle on bottom and make it a purse with frosting or fondant handles. One 9" should be fine for you two and some kids.
If a cake is covered with crusting buttercream (as indybedi mentioned) or fondant -they should be fine on counter. I have left mine out on counter for as long as two days and nights. Once cut, I was told that it was moist and yummy and could I do a wedding cake for sister in law?
Thanks, for the encouragement. I think I am going to start earlier and try to do it all.
My friends have planned a surprise baby shower for me on the Saturday before I had committed to do a wedding cake (for the first time) for another friend of mine (on Sunday). They just discussed the confict and told me, so I just found out - surprise over.Anyhow, now I don't know what to do. I had planned to use Friday afternoon and all day Saturday to prep for this wedding cake, which has very minimal decorations, but will be covered with fondant. Now, I am not sure if I...
Thanks everyone!Cryssi, I did have the filling for my wedding cake, too. I wonder if it was the same place. Are you in San Diego?And we probably have the same puree/not puree. I was hoping to reduce it and somehow thicken it up. We'll see. I am going to check out all of these recipes and experiment a bit.
I am looking for a passion fruit mousse recipe. I bought a liquid passion fruit puree from BevMo and I have no idea what to put in with it thicker and creamier and basically to make it a mousse. Any help is appreciated. I am definitely novice.
I am making a first birthday cake this week and my customer is concerned that fondant accents will be an issue for the smash cake. I certainly don't want to put the 1 year old in harm's way, but when I serach this site it seems like many people are using fondant accents like flowers or bows on first birthday cakes. I can use all buttercream decor, but really like the way fondant accents look better. Maybe I am just scared of my buttercream skills...Any thoughts on fondant...
Roses, Pearls, Swags, Wedding vows in script... I like the idea of using silver.
Thanks, Christeena