Posts by pinky73

Hi! I usually stick to the standards also..but have used Lorann oils/flavorings and really like them. When I make raspberry or strawberry filling, I always add a few drops of raspberry or strawberry Lorann oils to enhance the fruit flavor. I have used the Princess and wedding bouquet flavorings in buttercream but I'm not a huge fan of those flavors. I started making my own vanilla extract a year ago and will never go back to the store bought stuff. Don't get me wrong,...
I have made fondant a handful of times..the most recent being Michelle Foster's. I like it MUCH more than I do marshmallow fondant. With that said, I do have a stand mixer and use it sparingly at first, but honestly, I do most of the kneading by hand, much more so than the recipe says too. I have had really good luck the last two times I made fondant and I am by no means an experienced caker, especially not when it comes to fondant. I think it's possible to make it...
Holy Cow!! I am so glad that I saw this thread! A month or so ago, I purchased some fondant cutters from GSA, using my debit card linked to my checking account. Imagine my surprise when a week or so after that, I tried to use my debit card for a very small purchase locally and it was declined. I called my bank, who informed me that they had deactivated my card because of suspicious transactions on my account from the day before. Apparently someone in Australia and...
I think BakingIrene might be on to something and the entire thing slid, not a collapse as the customer suggested. In my experience in driving a cake, which admittedly is sparse, I have been really surprised at how slow I have to drive and how the laws of physics affect a cake. I am aware of it now..but I'm pretty certain that a regular customer, while she may have known to be careful with turns and such, had no real understanding of how slow and careful you must be. I'm...
This looks great..thank you..but I'm in the states and I'm thinking it might not be economical to buy overseas. It looks like a great place for supplies though!
Thanks for the recommendation! I think I will order from Lorann..seems to be reasonable, especially since I need to place a flavorings order from them already. Thank you for the reply and recommendation!
I have limited access to such products...I wonder if getting it online would be more economical. I can find those tiny bottles for roughly 4 dollars at Micheal's but they don;t last very long. In the past, some people recommended ordering it from the pharmacy but I have checked with my local pharmacies and have not found any help there, they say they can't get it or uninterested to try. If you have had luck getting glycerin, would you please share your idea? I'm just a...
I recently got a Lorann Flavorings catalogue in the mail and there were some new items available. I saw that they have a "Cream Cheese" flavored emulsion available. It's different than their "Cheesecake" flavor. Has anyone tried the cream cheese version? I recently tried the cheesecake oil in some buttercream and was not that impressed but wondered if this cream cheese flavor would be more what I was looking for. You can not get it as a small dram, so before I purchased...
Annabakes! That Sponge Bob is fantastic!! Truly, you did a wonderful job! If only I could do such neat and tidy work. For all time, when I see the Bob on tv..I will think of him as a Slab O' Sponge Bob.I love it!
Annabakes...Slab o'Spongebob...Bawahaaaa!! That made me giggle..thanks doll!!