Posts by LeanneW

I would definitely recommend creating metallic pieces out of fondant or gumpaste and them painting them with luster in the metallic color you need.   If you decide to go with FBCT, you could use yellow BC where gold would be and grey BC where silver would be and once you flip it onto the cake you could lightly paint that spot with a metallic paste made of luster dust and vodka. But even a thick paste with a light application could still bead. Will the BC crust after it...
Can you link to the cake? Not sure which one exactly you are asking about, but Branka is an amazing kind and generous woman, I'm sure if you PM her she will answer your question.
As far as I know they are the same thing. Just make sure you don't buy rice paper for making Vietnamese salad rolls, that is not the same thing.
OMG you are so lucky to be near Nicholas Lodge's International Sugar Art Collection! I don't know if they have boxes, but they have a million other amazing things.   https://www.nicholaslodge.com/contact-us
I haven't used indydebi's BC recipe, but based on the pudding and dream whip ingredients they are scary, ummm, I mean sort of similar.   Pudding is sugar, starch and flavor and dream whip is the same plus oil.   instant pudding ingredients: Sugar, Dextrose (from Corn), Modified Food Starch, Contains Less than 2% of Natural and Artificial Flavor, Salt, Disodium Phosphate and Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate (for Thickening), Mono- and Diglycerides (Prevent Foaming), Yellow 5,...
What do you mean by shelf life, is the frosting expired? or does it just need to go in the fridge?   If a product is expired I would never recommend serving it to anyone, EVER. Best thing is to make a new cake, as disappointing as that would be.   If it's just a matter of refrigerating, you can put in in the fridge overnight and take it out a couple hours before it has to be served.   If you do have to remake it, here is an easy and relatively inexpensive (has no...
I'm not sure there is any product that would be stable out of the fridge for 14 days. Even shelf stable fillings or jams require refrigeration after the container is open. Could you refrigerate the cakes during your production/decorating time up until they are sold? then instruct customers to keep cakes refrigerated at home?    You might have the best luck with shortening/confectioner's sugar/vanilla extract mixed into a buttercream consistency, don't add anything moist...
cakecentral.com > Galleries > Gallery Home > Misc > Sketches, Patterns & Templates   http://cakecentral.com/g/a/121/sketches-patterns-templates/
You should seek legal copyright advice from an attorney for rock solid legal advice, since none of us here are attorneys and cannot provide legal advice.   "The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 provides that the author of a photograph is the person who creates it. The author will be the first holder of the copyright in the photograph unless this was created in the course of employment in which case the employer will own the copyright."...
In my experience with wafer paper, fat does not dissolve it, my buttercream doesn't dissolve it, but it's always best to do a test!