Posts by LeanneW

I have VERY lightly airbrushed on IMBC, like just a light spray of pearl sheen. I would not airbrush on IMBC to achieve an even color. It will bead because of the fat.   I do not use crusting BC but I believe you can airbrush on that with more success.   What is it that you're trying to do specifically? Are you trying to color the cake by airbrushing or are you going for a specific effect like ombre?   I don't think your recipe has anything to do with airbrushing on...
I would love to see edible rafia too. I think the filo would work, but does it shrink when it bakes? you could wrap it around a cake pan to get the size and shape before baking.   Maybe I will test this.
I would do a test on a smear of pink icing before making your roses, then you'll know if it will give the color you want. Although with luster spray, they will sparkle/shimmer.   I have posted before about my method of "blooming" color in IMBC, I imagine it would work in other types of BC too.   Remove about 1/4 cup of BC from your batch and add lots of gel color too it, stir it, and microwave it until its melted but not hot. The color will deepen a lot. then you can...
Can't see the cake, do you have another link?
 Sorry a little late with my reply, but could you freeze each tier separately in its own small box, then stack and place in a bigger box in the fridge when defrosting? You would want to dowel the tiers before you froze them, then you can simply stack and defrost.
you could make it super fast with a tool like this  http://www.globalsugarart.com/jem-endless-frill-cutter-f5-double-sided-scallop-p-17007.html
Hmm, I just checked out a few online macaron tower tutorials and I found one that used 80 macarons for a 14-inch tower and another that used 100 macarons on an 18-inch tower. then this one on a 9-inch cone that used 30 macarons: http://thirstyfortea.com/2013/09/13/diy-french-macaron-tower/   So I think you probably need a 12-inch cone???????   Your best best is to figure out the total surface area of the cone and then do the math how many macarons will fit on...
Metal is not safe, also it can react with the ph of the cake and rust.
I have never ever heard of this happening before.   Are you piping the rosette directly onto the side of the cake? I do it the same as you described, crumb coat cake, then pipe rosettes on the side. But I use IMBC so I chill the cake after the crumb coat and chill it until a few hours before serving. Well, actually maybe I do one thing differently... my family can't get enough buttercream, so I actually do a crumb coat, and a another layer of BC, then pipe on the...
While we are asking Debbie questions... I have one too.   I have the cannon 3600 from Icing Images, I didn't use it for 2 years (I know even after Debbie told me to use it once a week, sorry)   So after 2 years in storage, what I found inside was a huge rainbow disaster. ink as everywhere! It had obviously been tiled and maybe even upside-down at some point. I did my best to wipe it all up and took out the print head to clean it. I threw away the cartridges since they...