Posts by Tazalexis

guys, thanks for your replies. I could not find my post for a while. Thanks for your help. Price, I will pass on the info about starrynight. thanks a bunch
My friend is getting married in May and she's in Owings Mills MD. SHe desperately need someone in MD who is good at what they do. She already has something in mind and would like for the person to work with her. It's pretty simple.. it's the cakes with the staircase and the waterfountain. If anyone knows anyone, please give their info. she needs to hire someone asap. Having pics of work that can be viewed online is a plus.
Anyone, every one. I need your ideas on getting a very glittery Silver finish on a cake. The is going to be white fondant with blue and silver swirls. 1. How can I get silver swirls??? I want it to really stand out.Also I need ideas on this... The cake was just going to be white with Blue swirls. I already covered it in the white fondant. Then the Customer said she wanted it Blue and Silver. I suggested to leave it white and just do the swirls in blue and silver but I...
Hey Adven- We've been out of touch for a while!!Hey thanks for the info about the church. I may sound stupid but I don't know what a Greek Fest is (lol) Is it like a parade? Oh I feel so stupid!! LOL. Yes, I'm from Trinidad so we say Grey - but you are right, it's gray. I would love to get a very shinny silver and not too many people are responding, I think I'll create a new forum. I have to accomplish this cake by Sunday. BTW - you inspire me. Thanks
it,s not actually lace. it's more like a whole bunch of swirls - free style. So what i'm getting is, I should color the buttercream a light grey, pipe the design I want and then when the design dries for some hours, go over the design with the silver dust which i should mix with the rosemary or any clear alcohol??? ANYONE IS FREE TO BUTT IN HERE!!
Thank you - sort of makes sense. Will it leave a nice glitter effect??
Hello evryone. I need to do a silver lace pattern on a slateblue cake. I've never done anything but the primary colors. Can someone please give me some tips!! I want a glittery silver. I bought silver petal dust and I tried mixing it with the buttercream but it just looks dirty grey. I'm willing to hear anything at this moment. It does not have to be buttercream so if you have any idea on what I can do to get the substance a nice glittery silver, please let me know!!
Hey guys, have you ever tried using ice cold water??? I used to do the hot water then some one told me to try cold water with ice cubes in it. It worked better that the hot water. I realized that the hot water sort of makes the icing sticky and a little harder to spread. The cold water stiffens it as if it's crusting butter cream and at the same time it's not too stiff where it can't spread.PS. On the crusting butter cream. To get it to taste good. Add some almond flavor...
I'm a chocolate cake lover,. I've tried many receipies but this is the best I've done so far. I'm still looking for a richer chocolate cake though.1 box of Devil's Chocolate Cake Mix4 tbl spoons of Herseys Chocoalte powder4 bars of Semi Sweet chocolate1 box of chocoalte pudding/pie filling2 tsp vanilla extract (clear)2 tsp almond extractMelt the semi sweet chocolate in the oil (amt on cake box). Mix melted chocolate and cake mix according to directions subsitstute water...
I know how it feels. I cn relate. I felt like quitting yesterday!! I was trying a pocketbook cake and I had to deliver two of them by 11am. I started decorating them since 8am that morning (thinking I have enough time). Then one cake fell flat on the turn table. I wanted to cry. Even when I was finished the cakes looked horrible and my husband made me very aware that they looked horrible. I felt and still feel like I don;t want to even bother. It takes a lot of time to...