Posts by bostonterrierlady

I could not get it to let me post
Can you tell me what kind of flower this is?
Yes that's the one. Yes I have watched it numerous times.
I have a question about my experience with this cake. I do this as a hobby for friends. I took this cake to the place where the party was. I was embarrassed when I left. I hope I can explain this right so I can get some help. I used Sharon's recipe. Except used Crisco. Got a pretty smooth icing. When I got it out in natural light it was real off white. Not as smooth as I would have liked. Every flaw showed. Even some chocolate cake showed through. Just barely. When I...
Thank you.
Someone recently posted a new tutorial on this technique. Now I cannot find it. It was a new one just a few days ago. What happened to it?
I use to use Crisco all the time. I think I will just use it and get use to using it again.
Just watched a news story on HLN. The FDA is moving to remove all trans fats form food. I guess that will include Sweetex or any hi ratio shortenings
mycakeschool.com is great.  She does alot of buttercream which I like.  She tries to use things you might have without buying something everytime you make something.  She also is not hung up on the idea that every thing you use has to be edible.  She just did a caste cake that was great.  I love the site. $30 a year is a steal.