Posts by TheCakeShak

I'm not no expert pastry person, but most of my cakes I bake at 350, and if it's the pan size bigger of 10" or more, I put a flower nail in the middle of the pan with the cake mix in it.I then only fill the pans half way up. I don't get too too big of a dome and or it hasn't dipped yet. (knocking on wood for luck)......Good luck, HTH..........
Ok, here you go with this one.... it's sorta on the same topic, but might get slightly turned...How about when "the friend" wants a cake, calls at very last minute, doesn't even pick up cake, but sends "daddy" who comes and gets cake, but stands there and gives you an earful how "a friend shouldn't charge anything for a friend who needed a cake".And then "the friend" doesn't even have the politeness to even tell you if they got the cake, if it was in one piece, if they...
Hello Everyone!!Gosh, I haven't been on in such a loooonnnggg time. But I had a Q. And I already know, that this Q has been asked many many times over. But, I'm going to be one of those many times ask person here...I have a cake project to do for a friend. They just told me it's going to feed 50 people.What size cake would you all recommend? 2 - 10" cakes?I have the theme that was given to me, so for these theme, I am thinking "round" cake.......All help is sincerely most...
you should buy one of those fake hands put a flower in it and "then" when a florist ignores your request of don't touch the cake, (not trying to put down all florist), you can then "show" that florist and say; "this is what happened to the last florist who ignored my request of don't touch the cake".
It's a pretty cake, BUT.......... I agree with everyone here,,, there are by far MORE fabulous cakes here....I thought the cakes were rather short in height size. And you could see the gaps in each tier. Maybe they should have put a small ribbon fondant around each tier and painted it silver or put a small silver ribbon on each tier to cover the gaps.About how big do you all think each tier size is? I'm figuring since it's Hillary and Bill's daughter, they probably...
Hi Tootie!!Poor darling..... I just finished reading everyone's post on this topic.Holy Moly!Someone said, Champagne taste but beer prices.. Shessh, should be more like Caviar taste and soda pop prices........Unfortunately, those out there in cake land sadly seem to think that we cake artists just cross our arms and blink, blink, cake is all done and decorated.I just looked at your pics, for the lovely work you do on your cakes you have the right to charge what you charge....
Just like Ricky Ricardo would tell Lucy, "Never Do Business with Friends and Relatives"........They always expect something for free, especially if it's cake, cookies, cake pops, cupcakes, etc.......Really, the only ones I give FREE cake to are my DH's employee's when they are hired and have a B-Day. Anything outside of that, no freebies..
"JEALOUS"!! Is the word!!!Next to Susan Carberry, Indebyi is my next " idol".I think it's wonderful that us obsessed cc'ers want to have a meet and greet luncheon.I'm down with the Vegas thing too!I'm down with making a road trip to Utah too!It would be nice to get out there and meet fellow cc'ers! Take some pics for the cc magazine!!Let us all know when the next meet and greet will be!
I "think" if you look up Kitchen Krafts or SugarCrafts or maybe even google it, there is a "stabilizing powder" you can add to your BC recipe.It helps to hold up the BC in High Humidity weather.HTH
It could also be your cakes were not finished "settling" before you put the icing on.Next time try this, might help........Once you level, fill your cakes, cover in wrap, get a ceramic tile, fit to size and shape of cake, set tile ontop of covered wrapped cake, let it sit for about 1 -2 hours.Then cover with cake crumbing, put in fridge to have icing crumb crust coat.BEFORE you finish with icing, get a straight pin, poke some holes not very many holes in cake to help...