Posts by BakerzJoy

Thanks so much. That's great idea!!
Just wondering if anyone knows how to do the design on this cake......it's gonna be fondant though. I was wondering if I did the blue overlay and then took like a white food gel and swirled it to create the white. I don't know...eeekk.  
I have a wedding cake I'm doing for the 11th of October. She is going for an ivory cake and a rose gold Peony flower. I have never done a flower before let alone used any dusts to color it. Any ideas on how to accomplish this color. Should I color the fondant before with a rose gold color and where do I buy that color? Or should I use white and then dust it with rose gold petal dust, if so where do i buy that from? I have researched already and it looks like no one sells...
Hi everyone. I have a wedding cake going out on the 4th of October. She gave me this photo (below) and I am stumped as to how to get that exact color. I have tried to do lighter ivory looking cakes before and the color is ALWAYS way off... Also, the board looks great! How do I get that to look like that? Any suggestions? Help!   
Thank you so much. I sent her a price and she said it was too much. She's in the process of looking for a cheaper cake. I appreciate your feedback. :))
Hey all!! Just got a wedding cake order and needed some help on pricing verification. I start at around $4 pp and they wanted this cake in red velvet, Strawberry and Key Lime. I don't do wedding cakes a whole lot. I think this would be like my 4th. I have almost 500 cakes under my belt and they are all mostly birthday, baby shower etc... Also, what kind of decorations does this look like on the sides. Is it squiggly done with frosting....and how do you do that?? I'm more...
I read it somewhere but it was a while back and I just knew to avoid anything but the real stuff. Leah, I posted wrong...oops. I was meaning 14, 12, 10. But, K8Memphis gave me the right amount and I think I'm gonna go that route with the 12, 8, 4....I'm excited it's not a lot of cake compared to what I was thinking. Thank you both for your help. I think I'm going to use Indydebi's buttercream recipe for the outside. I have made that for years and just recently...
Thank you so much....What I was thinking about was using my popular Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese inside the layers. Then just using a ganache for the outside so you won't really even tell with taste. I thought I read something about not using almond bark. I just don't wanna go and buy the ingredients and make it and it's not right. Besides what's the ratio?  
I have a wedding cake due next weekend. I normally don't do these kind of cakes but rather all other events.. It needs to feed about 100 people and if theirs a little leftover it's fine. I was thinking about 14,10 and 8 in square cakes doubled. Why does this seem like I'm off and that's way to much cake? Can someone help who does wedding cakes and knows the pan sizes to use exactly? Also, it will be my first time not using fondant. I'm not as nervous as I thought,...
Great ideas, I love them!! Keep 'em coming!! Thanks!