Posts by MrsBsFood

Budget isn't really an issue in this case.  I am not charging her for the cupcakes...it's considered my baby shower gift to her.  Simplicity is the biggest issue since I have to prepare all the food and I have another cake order for this weekend.  I like the acorn idea...I think that may be perfect!
I have been asked to do some cupcakes for a baby shower this weekend.  It's for a friend and the person in charge bought cupcake toppers and wrappers.  Since the nursery has a "outdoors man" theme, she bought woodland creatures.  They are just the paper toppers cut out and affixed to a toothpick and wrappers that look like trees or wood grain.  So we thought we would keep it simple, add some green leaves and be done with it. (I am also making all the food, so we wanted to...
I have been asked to bake my sister's wedding cake. Time before the wedding is limited. We have a 20 hour drive to get to her place. Some bakers on this forum suggested that I bake and freeze the cakes before we go out of town and store them in a cooler. This plan make sense, until I started getting things together this evening. My bottom layer is a 16 inch square. It will not fit in any of my coolers, no matter how I try to make it work - I tried flat, upright and...
My sister is getting married on July 16. She wants me to make her cake. I love this idea, so excited. I have agreed and we have a plan on design. Fortunately she doesn't want anything over the top, just a tiered cake in butter cream and no special fillings. I am concerned about the time constraints and travel. I live in Texas, she lives in North Carolina. With the kids, it'll be about 20 hours on the road, give or take. 20 hours of hot...it's the south and it's...
Well it sounds like I am not the only one. I may call DH just to see what the response is to my quandry. I have used their product for years, but have been having problems for a while now. I'll let you know what they tell me.Thanks for the suggestion SarahL4683. This is the perfect excuse to give a WASC cake a try! I am not sure why I haven't before.
So every other flavor,except white, I make from scratch. I have been unsuccessful at finding a no fail white cake recipe, so I use DH white cake mix. I usually doctor it a bit with an extra egg white and call it good. For the past few weeks, my white cakes have been falling apart into a huge crumbled mess. I have had at least three that were beyond repair and had to be dumped. I assumed maybe the extra egg white was at fault...so I stopped adding it. I checked my...
Well I talked to my friend and her daughter and asked what they wanted me to do...put it back on them. After some time they admitted that they would prefer the skin color match her friends. They had no pictures of these friends (They just moved and haven't unpacked everything yet), so I had to have them guide me and decided on the colors. I got them all painted and they looked ok...then my Dh decided he HAD to have some cookies while holding our baby. He went to move...
My friend is NOT upset AT ALL. It hasn't even been suggested or mentioned about giving any sort of discount. I am more concerned with offending or upsetting a bunch of little girls at the party.
So a dear friend of mine asked me to make a cake. She asked if I could make or find a hula girl that represented her soon to be six year old daughter. I couldn't find anything, so I decided to mold something for her out of store bought fondant (molding is not my forte, but I am happy with the results). This snowballed in to me making five more hula girls that look like her friends. I took descriptions over the phone from her daughter. I asked about skin color and she...