Posts by RenP

Does anybody know where to get French chocolate sprinkles?The look like a miniature chocolate curl instead of a little snake.
I love how elegant tall cakes look but I don't think it's elegant to have a slice of cake that is 5.5 inches tall and barely fits on the plate! So I am wondering what everybody uses to make the cakes taller. My cakes are usually 4 inches tall and I would like for then to be 5 inches tall. To buy styro dummys for all my cakes would just be too expensive¬Ö. I noticed in one episode of the Amazing cakes that the Cake Girls had a stack of cardboard rounds under their cake...
I notice that some all natural cake mixes have soy lecithin and some gourmet bakeries use it too. It is a natural emulsifier and it's suppose to make the cake more moist. I have searched a ton, but can not find a cake recipe with it. Does any one have any knowledge about this?I recently had a cupcake from Crums bake shop and after a lot of poking around I found out that they use on their cakes and frostings. Their cake was amazing!Thank you,Renata