Posts by amodeoandrea

HA HA I had the same experience. I promised a bride a car too. Now I'm kicking myself for it! HELP!!!!!
Painting cakes is my favorite!!!!! Its so much fun. I use color gels, vodka, and a variety of brushes. Good luck and have fun!
Narie,Where are you buying your colored satin ice? I can get white locally but I wasn't sure where I should order the colors from.
sunnybono! That is so funny! I'm sorry Sunny77, there are some people out there who think they are above the rules of society! I am a firm believer of what goes around comes around. I would not retaliate to save your daughter from having to deal with this. Good luck with whatever you do.
Thanks so much for all of the tips. I am going to try again. The sour cream idea sounds good. I am going to try both Shyanne_mommy and christy633's method.
What do you mix in? I use instant pudding and different flavorings. Should I be adding any extra eggs or water?When I do Pillsbury it is so moist!
I use folded tissue paper, and stand the cookies up. I do as many rows as I need to, with tissue paper in between each. They lean slightly back so that you can see them through the top. If you are worried about food safety, you could use the colored saran wrap crinkled up. hope that helped.
I know this is what Wilton instructors use and a lot of you CC people use. But I have had horrible luck! It always ends up dry and flavorless, even when doctored! Does anyone else have this problem? I will only use pillsbury from now on. I had to give away a cake the other day because the customer hated the way it tasted. I had to buy the mix in a pinch because the store was out of my usual. Does anyone have any idea what I did wrong?
I think that is more than fare. I need to learn to charge more. My sister makes and sells clay animals and people. She charges $10-$20 a piece. She yells at me for not doing the same. Your farm is a a piece of art. You should be paid for your time and creativity!
I just made some for cup cakes. I used 1/2 fondant 1/2 gumpaste. Tinted it tan, used the wilton cutters. I dried them on paper towel rolls that were cut in half. I airbrushed red yellow and green randomly on the leaves, let them dry and then did the other side. Next time I will do the veining. Check out my pictures. They were a big hit.