Posts by krysoco

Thanks everyone for the responses. That was my take on it also. I just wanted to make sure!
What do y'all make if this law? I'm not sure I'm understanding.
I was planning on using an extended box recipe. But if its not good, then I won't! LOL Thanks for the heads up on that,
In researching what kind of icing is best with  a pink velvet cake, cream cheese, vanilla, and white chocolate came up.  So I'm looking for opinions on this! I do not like cream cheese so that's out.  White Chocolate just doesn't seem to go with pink velvet in my mind,  Yall?  And vanilla seems boring.  Any other suggestions? TIA
Thanks will try it!
Does anyone know how to make a red velvet cake roll? I want to use a doctored cake mix recipe. What do I need to add or subtract to make the cake roll?
Hmm... I have gumtex too. So I may try it both ways (paste & tex) just to see which I like better. I like using just fondant but this might be better according to the other posters.
I am going to make Jessie cowgirl and Bull's Eye the horse from Toy Story! Thx 4 all the advice.
Thanks for the input. It is much appreciated!
I've always used straight fondant and didn't have any trouble. But never before hand ( in advance). So I'm going to try 50/50 w/the gum paste. I haven't used gum paste much.@ Coral3 - how do you wrap yours?@ Bskinne - wow, from '09? That's pretty awesome. I'm wondering if that's b/c it was straight gumpaste?Thx for the info!