Posts by salokin

What flavor is the cake itself? I make a peanut butter frosting that isnt that sweet at all. I only used the powder sugar to give it some structure and some what to add sweetness but I got that mostly from the peanut butter,
Lking12- live in Bowling Green, not that far from woodburn. I would create my own kitchen but I live in an apartment. Maybe I could rent a small building and turn it into just a kitchen, but if I were going to do that why not just have a bakery that does more then appointment only cakes.edit: I found a space that was once a restaurant, and it still has most of the equipment I would need. Plus its on the busiest street in town. So I might go back to my cupcake idea but...
Contacted a local restaurant today, but was turned down due to liability issues. My mom knows someone whose mother owns a restaurant, going to ask her soon. Just wish my mother was still trying to open here restaurant then I could use her kitchen and sell items out front.
I got that message also, but notied I wasn't signed into facebook. Once I did sign in I could see it fine
Just find the conversion factor of your existing recipes. Take the new yield, in this 300, and divide it by the old yield, let's say 24.so its 300/24 which gives you 12.5. Take this number and multiply ever ingredient amount by it. This would give you the amount of each ingredient needed to get enough batter for 300 cupcakes.
I'm now thinking of not getting a storefront right and instead finding a commercial kitchen to rent. This way if it doesn't work I haven't wasted a ton money. Now I have to find a kitchen to rent.
I'm leaning more towards cupcakes, but doing full sized cakes on order. Another question I have is what do you think is the minimum about of square footage that I could get by with?
First thing I thought was a caramel flavored. Going for a caramel macchiato kind of feel
I know how to make pretty much everything in a full bakery, and have done some reasearch on where to get some food supplies. Packaging would be easier with just cupcakes, only one kind.
I am wanting to start a business. I'm debating on whether I should open a full service bakery or just do cupcakes. Both business ideas are appealing to me. What are your opinions on each? I would love to be open by the end of the year.