Posts by cakegrandma

I mix my gel colors with alcohol (vodka) and make sure my brush is not dripping wet. I then paint it onto the RI items I want. You need to be sure your brush is not dripping with the color as I said and you may find it better to do 2 light coats in order to get the desired color or value of that color.
Google Harry the bunny and you will get many thing you can see on u-tube.  Maybe you can get some ideas from one of them.  You can also bring up dolls of him also.  Good luck.
I prefer to used the waxed boards myself due to the other boards becoming flimsy at some time or another.  My main reason for writing a reply is to state that a cake should never be transported on a car seat. As you have already found out they can shift and although your cake shifted back it is not a given that they will and be fine.  Move your front seat back as far as it will go and transport your cake on the floor. I found using the weaved shelf liner keeps everything...
A couple of years ago as a Wilton Instructor we had to give a Gingerbread House demo and the kit had the new fondant in it.. Although it wasn't touted as their possible new fondant it was in the kit.  I thought it was horrible! To me it was like Duff's fondant which I believe is a fondant and candy clay mixture. Let me say, I was not and am not impressed with it. I am one who will not purchase this fondant and use it in any way. Sorry for an unfavorable review but, being...
You stated that you didn't use shortening? Why? I think shortening helps keep everything together better than just all butter and with all butter perhaps the high temp being suggested had something to do with the crumb. To me butter whips light and fluffy and maybe the high temp broke the butter down.  Not sure however try following the recipe as written as the cake is delicious and bake it at 325 until done.  Good Luck.
Cheating runs pretty rampant, just check out Medicare theft amongst untrustworthy doctors. Food stamps like Medicare is wide spread and I don't want to get into families that have so many children and their young children also have babies and they get major $$$$$ of stamps.  Back on track though, I remember when Food Stamps went from Chits (receipts that showed the change from a transaction and they could use the slip later) to money allowed to be given as change. In the...
Looking at the photo so you can understand which one I am talking about..... The tall one on the left stands on its own 4 tall legs that screw in.  The other 2, the taller of the 2 has a leg that screws into the shorter holder. I have 2 of these stand and I love them!!! I think you will be happy with it.
Unfortunately, I can not level a cake like some do. i.e. cutting the top even with the pan, turning it on a turn table, using toothpicks to match up, nothing worked for me.  I used a Wilton cake leveler and it worked decently enough but never like I wanted my cakes to be.  Like Leah_S says, get an Agbay! It is costly but, it saves so much in the end. It saves time leveling and it certainly would help your cakes. Even though they looked level, they weren't and no matter how...
I never use the postal service for anything that has a time frame.  Once I was going on a cruise and could not find my birth certificate, I paid for 2 day service and 5 days later I still did not have it.  I tracked it and could see where the court had turned it over to them but, never got it.  I had my brother to go down and get it for me and Fed Ex to me.  Use UPS or Fed Ex from now on, worth any extra money you may pay.
Beautiful and love the design with the "flowers" in the vase.