Posts by cakegrandma

Bilbo, you didn't even quote cai0311 correctly and you were the one that is rude.  We do not want anyone fighting on this board so please in the future...If you can'tsay something nice, keep your mouth shut.
Why not see if you  can contact the creator and see if she can help you.  Good luck!
Oh so glad you got the money! I have been checking my email for a notice that all is over and went well. In a way it sort of did, you got the money in hand prior to delivery even though it got down to the wire. I'm sorry everything wasn't ready when you got to the venue but that happens once in a great while, not really often though.  Do keep making wedding cakes as yours look wonderful. In the future I would not send anyone a copy of your drawings or photos as you did of...
I agree with Leah, why use expensive fondant, even if you do not care for the taste, on a dummy cake.
It does not have to be Jello brand instant pudding.  I use Wal-Mart brand as it is less expensive although I bake from scratch so I don't use either one.
Razz, one thing I noticed in one of your last posts, you stated she had approved the design and you even made a dummy cake for her.  WHY??? This took more of your time as well as money as a loss of $$$.  If they like the design, then that's enough, make the cake. ONLY after you have gotten your money 1 month in advance of the actual date of the event.  Please, please tell us you were paid and were able to deliver the cake. 
I too have never heard of a viewing and unless it is specifically requested I would not even offer one. As you can see the bride is most certainly busy and is more than likely so busy that a viewing is the farest thing from her mind.  The advise you've gotten as far as deposits and balance due and I would make it due 1 month prior as it will not be such a busy time for the wedding party.   I agree with an email stating that it is absolutely necessary for you to be paid...
I have made German Chocolate cake for over 20 years and the icing does not use sweet and condensed milk, it uses evaporated milk. Perhaps you mixed the 2 up in your mind? I have to be careful when I see baking soda and baking powder as I will tend to mix them up.  I would use the coconut milk , thicken it with arrowroot or flour to thicken it or make a vanilla custard using the coconut milk and put coconut in it. Sound like a wonderful filling.
The legal description of taking money for services rendered is a Business. It is so easy to become legal under the Cottage Food Act, check into it.  I was a legal business, still am under the CFA,  but my point being, before to become legal I had to turn in a bunch of paper to the Dept. of Agriculture, be inspected, pay for the license and pay some other fees to run the business. Not to mention my overhead, $$$$$$ out the door to whomever was to be paid that month. Since...
I would not trust this drum for your cake as you will be having a lot of weight on it.  I would go to a store like Home Depot and have them cut me a piece of nice 1/2" plywood. If you look in that wood department you will find they have smaller pieces there so you will not have to pay for one of the large sheets. You can then cover them with the foil  or anything you want.  I have taken wrapping paper that goes with the event, wrapped the board and then put clear Contact...