Posts by cakegrandma

I spray my pans first (have even used Pam) and then I line my pans with parchment paper and spray it. Pour all the batter in at one time and I use the flower nails instead of a core. When your cake comes out of the oven cool it for 10 minutes in the pan and then put the cooling rack over the top of the cake pan and flip. This supports all of the cake and allows the whole cake to come out at at once. I then remove the parchment paper and allow to cool. I've never had a...
I lived in Atlanta until a couple of years ago and I have a friend there that can do this easily, not sure about the price though. You can check with here about the price and see. She has been doing cakes for years and is a Wilton instructor that is highly thought of. Here is her email address and please tell her Evelyn gave you her name.
I would make the body out of RKT's and cover in some melted candy melts to smooth the surface. Then cover it in 50/50 fondant and gumpaste mix to complete the shape. You can print the icons that go on top, using a tiny brush you can paint what is on the keys. Mix your color with some vodka and it will write very easily. Brush the screen with some silver dust and vodka mix. There was a picture on here the other day but, sorry I don't remember who did it.evelyn
I put the tips in a microwave safe plastic container along with some soapy water, enough to cover the tops of the tips and some extra. I then set them in the microwave for about a minute or two to get the water hot enough to melt the icing that is inside. Be sure to have a container that is large enough to allow the water to bubble up or it will be inside you microwave. Don't ask how I know They usually come out clean and I just pour the whole lot into the sink and then...
I think I would offer a 10% refund or $25.00. Before I offered the money back though I would see if they would like the $25.00 off on the next cake they want to purchase. That would be better than actually giving money back and either way they know you are willing to work with them to remedy the situation. I also would not offer any excuses as to why you were late or about the accident, they just don't care. Tell them you are sorry they had problems with the cake and...
You could make the road out of light gray fondant. It would be light enough to allow the car to be seen on it and add some light color to accent all the dark ones on the car. Post a photo when you're done so we can see it.evelyn
I don't think there is any reason why you would not decorate the cakes at home. I can understand why they are upset and I would be also. Just to have someone there decorating a cake while the wedding is ready to get started and being late on top of it. I know it is not your fault due to the accident, however, if you had decorated and stacked 2 tiers together and then stacking the other 2 tiers together you would have only had to assemble at the site. You can transport...
The link is the best thing to do for her. Like others have said items stay in customs until they release them and if it is like in the U.S. things would be opened and inspected. I know there are cake bakers there that may not even work with a venue. Does she have relatives or the groom have relatives there? If not it seems a long way to go to get married. I had a gentleman from Egypt about 4 years ago that was on vacation in Atlanta (he was American) and he ran a...
I think the cake is so funny, gross but funny. I have lived an Florida since about 76, except for a few years in Atlanta and I remember the first time I saw a Palmetto. Holy cow, I thought you could rope and ride it. Then when I found out they could fly, I hated those bugs and thankfully our houses have not had any for years.Like I said, cool cake evelyn
Paul, that is weird! When I spoke to Dept. of Ag they told me that as long as the Dept of H&R was licensing them they would not "go into their territory", that neither one will oversee 2 business in the same location. Thus the Dept of H&R. Actually the H&R told me that I had to get a letter from the Dept of Ag stating that they would not be overseeing my business. Of course, when I called Ag, they said they don't give letters like that. Back to the drawing board and...