Posts by cakegrandma

No eggs, just as I wrote originally and be sure to weigh everything.
Sorry but I misstated, instead of alcohol I should have stated liquor. I use both alcohol and liquor interchangeably.
Craftybanana, as I had stated yes no baked in or poured over.  They were stupid in my opinion when they threw that part of the law in too. 
I suggest purchasing Hi-Ratio shortening. LOTS BETTER than CRISCO!  I makes a difference in how your product will taste, baked goods, pie crust as well as icing.  You can order a 3# container to try it from most sites and it is even better to get a 50 pound box.  When I purchase this amount I cut it into squares, wrap and freeze until you need some more than what you have out already.  I pay about 77.00 for 50 lbs of Sweetex at Restaurant Depot or you can order it for a...
Another thing to think of besides your costs involved is are you able to sell product with alcohol either baked in or poured over. This not to get into a debate whether you are a legal business or not or under CFL but, under the  Florida CFL you can not sell anything with liquor in or on it. Something to research.
I just reread the rules and since it does say cardboard then I would use them and again they can be purchased in any one of the stores that were mentioned. If your cake fells heavy then double or triple stack the cake boards and then cover in the foil.  If you need square ones then purchase larger circles and cut the edges off to make them square.  Good luck!
I would stack at the venue and remember, under each cake you need a cake board with dowels under it so it can support each cake. It will probably need a center dowel or two to be sure the cakes stay in place. Post a photo!
If you buy your foam board at Michaels, Jo\OANNS or AC Moore they will cut it in the framing department and I have never paid anything for their service.  Good luck on your entries! 
1 cup of shortening weighs 6.50 ounces. I always weigh it out rather than measure, much easier so if you take 16 ounces divided by 6.5 a pound of shortening equals 2.46 cups. like I said, much easier to weigh it out and not as messy as trying to put it in a cup and then get it out.
I too am interested in seeing if anyone can give an answer to this.  I recently tried the regular icing recipe and loved it! All of my customers tried it on various goodies the last 2 weeks and they have said it is terrific. A neighbor said it tasted like an icing that an old bakery in her home town used to make. She said it brought back great childhood memories.   I hope someone can answer this for us.