Posts by tonyap

Just my opinion, classes can always help. I had picked up cake decorating by watching my mom, but decided to go ahead and take all the wilton classes even though I knew alot already. To my surprise the teacher we had, showed us little tricks the advanced people knew or short cuts. And even held classes at her home to teach other things that Wilton didnt have a class for at the time. So you might want to attand a class or two. You never know what new thing(s)might be...
Could you please help me understand more about stacked construction. I have watched different videos and Im so confussed. so here's my questions:I have used straws to stack my cakes that are usually only two teirs and seem to like them better the wooden one. But are most two teir cakes doweled through both teirs, with one long dowel? When stacking more then three teirs, can you still use straws, are do you use wooden ones?And is a single piece of cardboard under each teir...
I'm having problems trying to understand construction for stacked tier cakes, in reading and watchin DVD's. Can someone tell me in doing stacked construction, is it okay to put the next layer of cake(teir) on a plain un-wrapped cardboard cake board or should the cake board be wrapped in a food save covering, like foil? From what I have read & watch there's not much that talks about this. Or maybe I'm just looking at the wrong thing or in the wrong spot.The other question...