Posts by MBHazel

Thank you so much for the info and the link.  I think I will try the Chefmaster color.  We will see how it goes.
For years I have tried to avoid using much purple since most attempts at it faded.    Has there been any improvement in the success of purple lately?     I need to do something purple, and a lot of it, so I don't want to take any chances.  What do you all recommend?   
I understand the impact of the high ratio to the icing. Can anyone tell me what, if any difference does it make when used in baked products? Such as, more tender texture?) Hazel
HI all,Crazy-Gray, where do you purchase the pure cocoa butter, and does it require refridgeration?I can't wait to try this.Hazel
I do all my cake decorating left-handed too and, like you, have been frustrated for years with anything involving the "rose" tips. Ruffles seem to the backwards (pretty part of the ruffle toward the cake!) Roses were just a mess. If have also tried opening the end of the tip, that does help with the frayed edges, but I don't think that is really a left-hand issue. A little corn syrup in your recipe might help with that. (Although, I have never acheived perfection!)But...
Thanks so much for the reply. The way the website had the recipe it said it made 3 -9-inch pans and served 8! Which I knew couldn't possibly be right. Plus, the amount of liquid seemed so high I was scared to try it.I think I will try the original Hershey recipe and then go from there. Thanks so much for your sharp eye in spotting that.Hazel
I caught an episode of Road Trip in Charleston, SC where they visited Tammy Kasarda. They highlighted a Chocolate Moist Cake that she used for a Groom's cake. The layers looked nice, so I looked it up on the site. I don't want to waste ingredients, do these measurements look like they could possibly be right? Thanks, Hazel5 cups sugar 4 1/4 cups plus 1/8 cup all-purpose flour 2 cups cocoa powder 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon...
Thanks so much for the info. I guess that would be a smart move to go ahead and get the shipping info calculated and then there will be no surprises for me at the post office. I should have thought of that myself!!!!! Senior moment I guess.
Hi all, I only do cakes as a hobby and much less than I use to do in the past. So, it is time for me to downsize and free up some SPACE!!! Have any of you had success is selling some of your lightly (or never) used items? While I have never sold anything on EBAY, I am sure I could sell some smaller items and books that way. But what do you do with bigger, more costly items? I have the HIS DESIGNS cake stands and they would be too bulky to ship without it costing a...
I have the same problem, I usually do scratch cakes, but wanted to try the WASC for some ecupcakes for church. To my surprise, the cake mix is smaller than it use to be. Has anyone posted a modified recipe? Surely we can't be the only ones wondering about this.Thanks,Hazel