Posts by staceyboots

Erin,Thanks for your response!I think that I will have to do a practice cake and use an all-shortening buttercream....will definitely post photos when I am done.Stacey
bump
HiI was just watching a youtube video where the lady stencil a rolled piece of fondant with a damask stencil using luster dust.Is it just as easy to stencil a buttercream cake with luster dust? Does it show up as brightly as the one shown in the video?...she rubbed her fondant with shortening before stencilling.Thanks for the help!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH6YEUu6YAIStacey
Hi CC'ersI discovered the technique of applying ganache under fondant this weekend and I heard that the full instructions can be found in the cake decorating book by Planet Cake.Does anyone have a copy of this book, or at least have detailed instructions on how to accomplish this technique? I'll really appreciate it.I tried searching for it online but was unable to find a copy.Many thxStacey
Hi everyoneDoes anyone have the instructions on how to make a carved sneaker/running shoe cake?I have asked to make one for my boss' birthday (he is a running fanatic) and I am absoultely clueless as to how to start.Please help!! Step-by-step photos and/or templates will be greatly appreciated.Stacey
save
I don't have the recipe to hand right now but I have converted my basic vanilla cake recipe to chocolate cake (with additional adjustments).As far as I can remember, I replaced some of the allpurpose flour with unsweetened cocoa powder. However, the cocoa powder used in my recipe is dissolved in some hot water before adding it to the batter.Stacey
Typically, I would spread some piping gel onto the cakeboard and then cover the board with the fondant (piping gel helps the fondant to stick to the board).Don't forget that when you place your cake in the center of the board, it should be sitting on its own cakeboard so the cake doesn't actually touch the fondant.HTHStacey
i am glad that someone started this thread...i am interested in purchasing one too.Stacey
i am glad that someone started this thread...i am interested in purchasing one too.Stacey