Posts by staceyboots

Hi frankdiabetes Not really...I was just hoping that I could simply replace the water in my recipe with the stout.
Hi CC'ersI want to try baking a Chocolate Stout cake this weekend. I researched some recipes and most of them recommended boiling the stout and then melting the butter in it.Is this an abosultely necessary step? Is there a special reason why the stout must be boiled first?Please let me know because I would rather use me technique:- boil water (in this case, stout) and stir in cocoa powder- cream butter and sugar- add eggs and flavouring- alternately add dry ingredients...
Hi alli tried uploading a copy of the cake that i want to do but CC isn't accepting the attachment.if anyone of you have the Wilton Wedding Cake book, it is called "Gather Your Dreams".Stacey
The technique is similar to the one shown in this cake but horizontal and not vertical. The RI bands are a lot smaller and will staggered in rows to resemble a basketweave.Here is the link:http://cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1649554.html
i'll upload a picture of the cake on Monday.
unfortunately, I don't have the photo with me and I can't find one online.
unfortunately, I don't have the photo with me and I can't find one online.
Hi CC'ersI want to do 3-tier cake that has some piped royal icing bands attached to the sides of the cake. I got the idea from the Wilton Wedding Cake book and the bands were piped over the Wilton flower fomers using a 2D decorating tip.According to the instructions in the book, you are supposed to push the RI bands in the sides of the cake that is covered with buttercream. It is a gorgeous cake but I am wondering if the bands will stay put and wouldn't fall off since...
thanks everyone! i'll go ahead and order the clay gun from the website today!
hi everyonei was searching the internet for a clay extruder and was wondering if anyone owns a scott creek clay extruder (it has an 8" barrel)? does anyone use it for making fondant ropes, etc.? i have a small sugarcraft gun and it is absolutely no use. the barrel is too small and therefore takes forever to make the ropes.here is the link for the extruder:http://www.bigceramicstore.com/supplies/ClayGuns.htmStacey