Posts by staceyboots

Hi CC'ersI have just finished making a batch of Champagne Cupcakes (using cake mix) and unfortunately they came out a little dry. I did some research on the Internet and I came across a technique where the poster recommended steaming cake over a simmering pan of water in order to add moisture.So I was thinking that I have one of those pots that you used to steam vegetables and I was going to add some water in the bottom of the pan, place the cupcakes in the top part (the...
HiI was hoping for a really white cake but maybe that is not possible with the ingredients that I used. I didn't use any vanilla just the clear butter flavouring.i'll try either the Americolor Bright White or using the violet colour and see how it turns out. My guess is that if I use the violet colour technique I could as well use my vanilla cake recipe (using butter, whole eggs and vanilla) instead of using the above recipe.
Hi CC'ersSo I decided to go in search of the ever-elusive perfect white scratch cake recipe and ran my first experiment today. However, although I am happy with the results I am wondering why (although all of my ingredients were white in colour) my cake doesn't look snow white. i am not too technical / scientific when it comes to baking but I am missing something here? Here is the recipe that I used:8 ounces shortening2 cups granulated sugar8 egg whites2 tsps clear...
Hi CC'ersI have an order for a soccerball cake and will be using the Wilton pan for this job.I want to use fondant "patches" to cover the cake instead of using B&W buttercream (using the star tip). Does anyone have a template that I can use to make the "patches"? I would really appreciate it ThanksStacey
thanks, chedaw! have you ever tried this recipe?
Hi CCDoes anyone have a pretty good recipe for nougat filling?I want to try a Snickers Cake over the weekend and would like to fill 1 layer with Caramel Filling and the other 2 layers with Nougat Filling.ThanksStacey
HiI haven't used QB in a long time but here are my thoughts:1. Remember that the amount of money spent on purchasing ingredients and the cost of ingredients actually used in a recipe are two completely different transactions. Purchasing ingredients affects your cash flow statement and using ingredients affects your P&L statement.2. Set up your ingredients as inventory in QB making sure to use appropriate units-of-measure (e.g. flour-cups, eggs-each, flavouring-tsps,...
I tasted it and it is fine so I will go ahead and use it.Thx!
bump
HiI have some homemade marzipan stored in the refrigerator but my fridge has been giving some trouble over the paste 2 days (not chilling).Is the marzipa still good to cover a fruit cake since it was made with raw egg white or should I make another batch?Stacey