Posts by -K8memphis

if i did the conversion correct my price in pounds is something like 300 pounds-- for a 10x8x6-- $510 in u.s.    you're gonna hate yourself if you're new and doing two cakes this complex for approximately  $85 each? maybe if you buy the figurines you'd save time but lose money--   i'd suggest one 2-tier cake with much smaller logos all over the bottom tier do a flat fist like the logos and the frozen on top -- you could get an edible print out of the...
or the fist could hide behind a bunch of snowflakes-- in fact you could attach them to the back of the fist
is the fist gonna hide behind the number '4' -- because the fist needs to be pretty big to be convincing-- and of course there's the copyright issue -- i also think she would need a revolving turntable to do it justice or place it in a 360 degree viewing area--   so scoot the superman and batman logos over a bit and maybe the fist could be coming up out of the side of batman and superman--   a big green fist and the frozen doll i'd charge $50 - $75 each so for...
i would make isomalt drips--just wide and narrow ones that taper on the end then after they set up i'd place some various sized drops hanging from some of those then use them upside down to frame a splash--like dripping off the edge of my footed turntable-- you could use the piping gel to enhance the effect filling in gaps --   it would be easy to pull some sugar into a splash--get a nice blob of the isomalt and pull up around the edges-- pinch the ends into bubbley...
i don't think there's a huge difference in taste--especially paired with a nice crunchy salty pretzel -- saving yourself a step is worth getting the candy melts i think--   best pretzeling to you
i have a friend who had her wedding party and family do her cake--she borrowed/bought footed white cake stands, she baked everything in advance kept frozen -- then when they all arrived maybe a day ahead for the wedding -- everybody sat around and iced the cakes and it was lovely-- one tier per stand -- no dowel -- no problem -- the table would have different heights at which to place the cakes--using upside down cake pans, cans, books stacked up then all covered with...
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=funky+alphabet+cutters+for+fondant&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Afunky+alphabet+cutters+for+fondant
but then again figuring all the different poses the cake can get into like the "Next Top Model" tv show -- maybe stepmom's got something there   "easy breezy beautiful covergirl buttercream"
  too funny~! nine hours of photographs? hahaha no one would have any strength left to attend the wedding-- nobody wants that many pictures of my mug  
no, i would not do this--too complicated--too many areas out of your control--a wedding cake, as you know, needs pinpoint accuracy so it's freshness and beauty peaks and holds at just the correct moments in time--no i would never do that --   you could offer to make some flowers that you would sell to her to apply to the cake--even a few bouquets-- but no i'd never do this otherwise--   i'd show her where some tutorials are where she could learn to do a pearl...