Posts by -K8memphis

yes like a frozen buttercream transfer you could do the melted chocolate-- flip it over and pipe all the details --i would do that in all abc buttercream -- i pat the piping lines out with a flat weave kitchen towel -- you can get the water perfect blending the different colors--   i'm just curious why anyone would want the titanic on their birthday cake - idk with the dark cloud over it and all -- i never watched the move myself knowing the ending all too well -- but i...
i really like her-- i got to see her do a demo at ices about 12 years ago -- she's pretty cool
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/fresh-strawberry-mousse
no and it's not listed on amazon either-- i have the art of gumpaste flower making by gr and i was thinking it might be a bit similar to the yours and so i went looking on amazon to see if i could get a look inside the book -- no go--   but all that to say the gr one i have is like the scott clark woolley book, cakes by design,  where if you already know how to make flowers -- and shoot nowadays you can just look up a you tube so you're there -- if you already know how...
in my experience, caterers expect last minute changes from clients so that atmosphere is one you might need to focus on -- a 50 serving difference in fried chicken or filet can be presto change-o'd much closer to the last minute than decorated cake can be --    so how are these changes being communicated to you? through the caterer? or does the bride come right to you-- i mean i don't need to know i'm just saying that you need a different control than the caterer has --...
when i've done family cakes i've always gotten a by in advance on all the other required events if i needed it -- and come to think of it i never needed to use it -- but just knowing that they knew that i would put the cake first was important --   was thinking about this thread and cai0311 mentioned that someone in another thread recently mentioned that a cake disappeared that had been left overnight -- and i know i had mentioned that the leftover cake had disappeared...
so very very happy for you with sweet multiplied business & baking blessings now and always-- rock it out!
  i ask because the ruffles and roses in the picture are placed on cakes that are not double barrel --if they were dbl brl the ruffles and roses would not be flush with the tier above -- so they probably are dummies but smaller (not the same size as the tier above it) so the ruffles and roses can be recessed within the footprint of the tier above it -- i'd just call those r&r tier separations 
the cake you are proposing in post 1 will be a completely different silhouette than this picture yes?
ruffles? i can't get the picture any bigger i don't see any ruffles