Posts by -K8memphis

and writing on a cake is a skill so yes you can do this
*wipe it down
to make it easy -- print out the font/script you want to accomplish in caps and small letters -- laminate it or cover it with tape or plastic wrap so you can pipe over it and sipe it down-- use some leftover buttercream or just buy a tub of it at the store -- fill a bag -- and every day empty the bag piping -- scrape it up and refill the bag to do it again the next day --
as far as that exact stand, i would want the base sturdier or risk it falling -- and maybe you can find a pipe that thin to hold it all up but i would thicken it up from the get go -- then just place a cake board in the right place -- the net like effect would be a little challenging but doable -- maybe pipe it after delivery or just have ample extra -- royal or sugar veil -- as far as the texture -- start rummaging through your closet, check your kitchen towels, napkins...
Nicki -- you hit it out of the park -- I love the brave piping detail, so exact -- love the little Scottie dog -- awesome work -- Brava!
when I started shaving/trimming the sides of my cakes I realized I could use a moderate and consistent amount of icing all the way around -- then the sliced cake looks uniform on the serving plate
i would do buttercream because typically it's already made and they are easier & more fun to serve and eat -- i place them as i pipe them -- that's just how I've always done it -- if you ever are making buttercream roses and they are drooping on you -- stiffen your icing with some cornstarch-- i would use American buttercream
You could use rice krispie treats, or a stack of cookies that graduate in size or what would be really cool would be spun sugar -- I am clueless about your motor I did one moving part cake once -- had flapping angel wings omg -- but the biggest deal is to watch the weight -- don't let it exceed the weight limit but I hope it will spin for you upside down -- don't know -- best to you
i would attach them as i piped them -- y'know half the fun of royal is to make them in advance but i wouldn't do that in this case -- in fact i would have lobbied for buttercream -- but be that as it may-- i use popsicle sticks to make a ledge for my cascades -- if you plan it right and stack a few up from the bottom ledge and hang one over from the top ledge you really only need to hang one or two at the most defying gravity out on the side on the sticks -- i filled in...
i don't know exactly about that recipe-- the very few times i've used fresh banana i used it as last minute as possible and i filled the cake immediately -- kept it in the fridge-- it would be the first thing in the cream to turn but it should last a bit for you