Posts by -K8memphis

you would want to test your recipe first to be sure you like it when it comes out of the freezer -- for example cakes made with butter usually do not 'relax' back to pre-frozen state after they are thawed -- you would want to avoid the fridge for that length of time because it will dry your cakes out -- the freezer is your best bet --   i double wrap my cakes and slide them into plastic bags -- those roasting bags are nice for that -- and i freeze mine already filled...
if you want to simplify -- and let's face it topsy turvy are among the more difficult set ups -- then just do one tier -- or if you do two tiers place them on separate stands or place them individually on the table --   oh and those pans will bake one side extra done because it's thinner while the thicker side takes longer to bake --   here's a tutorial on round tt made from regularly baked cakes -- it's more information than you need but it will show you how to put it...
i would expect to use no more than 2 hours time to assemble the tiers and decorate this cake after shopping/baking including the time to make the flowers, not including the time to let them dry -- you've got a half dozen roses -- about three dozen blossoms on wires, a couple of pearls, the bow, some curliques, the fondant is impressed and i would use a different basket method or use a pasta machine to do the basket,  the two lids --   to me it's 60 servings and you...
i think i'd just use   http://stovercompany.com/henry-henry-peach-2lbs.html   http://stovercompany.com/henry-henry-strawberry-2lbs.html   and swirl it into white cake battter lightly colored peach and pink --    i'd make alternating layers of strawberry and peach cake in each tier -- i'd use a vanilla buttercream no filling because the cakes will be so rich and sweet and different all on their own --    i hope henry and henry is as good as it used to be -- does...
i've never made a gem filed pinata -- my only thought is that with the gemstones i have made i'd be worried that they would stick together -- they are so light weight i'm not sure they would fall all lovely sprinkley which clearly would be a fantastic pinata -- if it's for family i'd do it if it's for a client i'd test it first -- falling jewelry pieces might be a thought where the jewels were in settings or in partial settings just so they have some weight but there'd be...
lotta good stuff in this thread -- recently' the 14" pan wham-o' by norasmom and 'the give him two options' by sweettooth --
use your finger to smooth the edges
http://www.amazon.com/Harold-Import-Company-Inc-42114/dp/B000PDR41K/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1421020878&sr=1-3&keywords=round+cookie+cutter+sets   and wilton has some really tiny sets of round graduated cutters but my computer keeps goofing up -- but it's as easy as this
was it a stevia/sugar baking blend or just straight stevia -- i'm guessing it was the blend -- but either one will change the outcome like jedi says -- it's much more noticeable in something as naked as a sugar cookie --- if you change the sweetener in lemon curd it's not as noticeable --   they look like they need some icing but you did pretty good -- do you think they were well mixed and well rolled out -- some look smoother than others -- and did you use all purpose...
i think you need to put it behind you -- she did not want to talk to you even though you were in the same room and you were ok with that so let it go -- she sounds too fragile to deal with -- you returned to her house you gave a discount you certainly apologized to the 'go between' -- time to pack it in and move on  --   the money expresses your apology well enough --