Posts by -K8memphis

i mean i know you said hsn but i thought you meant some other cake store or something -- i didn't think you meant hsn the tv channel store -- i've never used fondarific but this is mind boggling that they sell it on tv!    i usually use satin ice
here yah go -- now i got mine for about $40 give or take so the prices fluctuate and check half.com too   Professional Baking, 6th Edition by Wayne Gisslen   and there's a 7th edition too -- comes with a dvd   best to you
you've got mail -- plus   this one http://homecooking.about.com/od/cakerecipes/r/blc13.htm   to this recipe i add an extra quarter cup of flour and i add the eggs to the creamed butter/sugar and beat well -- i do not separate and whip up the whites and yolks -- i add them right out of the shell -- for a more white cake i remove most of the egg yolks -- this cake is really really good but i do not put any cakes made with butter into the fridge because they do not bounce...
I think I've read that you can add glycerin but I've never done it myself
i really like those ford labels -- well done
what kind and how much icing is on the cake before fondanting -- was there anything under the marzipan? double crumb coat? how thick is it?
are both sides of each layer level?
I know everyone will chime in but I think if it melted in 30 minutes yeah that's a Houston we gotta problem -- but it *should* melt after 2 hours -- what was she thinking? it's like a bride jumped in the lake in her wedding dress and tried to get a refund because it got muddy idk -- judge Judy would not give her a dime imo
And keep it cold afterwards to set the fondant and keep it from stretching? it's invisible glue
Have you tried applying the fondant to a cold cake?