Posts by Cakechick123

I can understand your frustration, and it would have been good manners to ask you before, but I live by the saying "imitation is the greatest form of flattery" so if someone copies my designs I take it a compliment. She is obviously not creative enough to do her own designs and your sister loves your work so much that they couldnt get any other ideas. Im always are secretly rubbing my hands together if the copied design doesnt look as good as mine, so I would probably...
I agree with you, however, she said     this is delliberately trying to decieve one of the parties, in this case the bank. What will her defence be if the client files a complaint with the bank? The bank will take steps against her for fraud, Im sure!
its better to pipe royal directly onto the cake. Try to trace the words with a pin onto the cake and then pipe over it.
I dont know about the butterceam, as I dont really use it, however, keep in mind that a 6 tier cake is going to be VERY heavy. Are you going to be able to lift and carry it, even with help? also a 5 tier cake just fits into the back of my car, so make sure that a stacked 6 tier cake will actually fit.
 Why do you have a $4 per serving then? if someone wants a wedding cake for 90 servings would you also say that $360 is insane?   Also your cost is not $70, its way more than that if you take everything into account. Its not just the flour & eggs, its ALL the overheads that makes up the cost of a cake.
when she collects the cake have a copy ready for signature. Let her read all you conditions in front of you and get her to sign it. If she refuses then she gets no cake! Butt covered
Im of a different opinion, there is going to be so much texture difference between the tiers with smooth icing and the roses one, that I think fondant will look good! I can never get butter cream smooth so personally I will go for fondant with the rose swirls on the other tiers   btw I think ps-based is powdered sugar based :)
without a board your dowels are absolutely useless. think of a two story house, the walls (dowels) support the top floor(board), the top floor (board) supports the structure on top. Without the board the dowels just pushed straight though the top cake
well, how high is your layers going to be? The safest way is to dowel every 4", that is with boards and dowels. I have gone up to 6" without supports, but even that can be risky. Its useless to create this awesome cake without supports and then it collapses on you.   Dowels without boards will be absolutely useless, the combination ensures that the bottom cakes doesnt sag or collapse under the weight from the cakes + deco above.   Sometimes you have to tell the...