Posts by Cakechick123

that will work if you have a price increase that is in line with inflation, however most people that's trying to correct their pricing because of undercharging, will increase by more than cost of inflation.
unfortunately that is the problem with under charging. When I started out I did exactly the same. I way undercharged and then after a couple of months I started charging realistic amounts. I lost most of my customers as they couldn't understand an almost 50% increase!! I just stuck to my guns and basically had to  start my business from scratch with new customers.
this cake I did with Crystal Lace, it was super easy. The lace dried quite fast in my oven, about  40min per sheet and stayed pliable for 3 days. I added the silver dust to the mat before spreading the lace, but a friend coloured hers 1st and then used it with very good results. It doesn't really taste like anything, maybe similar to gum paste?    
it wont make any difference either way. At least you are a day early and not a day late :)
I only add the flowers at setup. roses are quite sturdy, but they will definitely not last if you do it the day before. I normally cut the rose off right against the flower and then stick a toothpick into the back of the  flower. This is easier to insert into the Styrofoam.
 That was my 1st thought as well. Why only on the one side? It look to me like it melted from being exposed to some heat source, maybe a sunny window?
gluten free does not mean its diabetic friendly. Gluten free only means it doesn't have wheat in it. Diabetics are sensitive to any carbohydrates, including rice and potato flour.   Rice flour actually pushes up my sugar levels a lot more than whole wheat flour.
most people think that if you make a cake sugar free, its diabetic friendly and that is wrong. The flour in cake will cause increase in sugar levels more than the sugar. I have a carrot cake that uses whole wheat flour and that is not too bad on my sugar levels. However no cake is really diabetic friendly :)
its not really practical IMO. you need at least a 2" difference between each tier, so even if you start with a 4" top cake, you will end up with a 22" bottom! I did this cake for someone who wanted 8 super hero's on one cake. Each tier is divided in 4, that way you can get 8 on a two tier cake and maybe do the board and the topper as no 9 and 10.